Options

Woodpecker at dusk

mystic7mystic7 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited February 27, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Oooh, such a hoitee toitee title for such a lame picture, but hey, it's my first attempt at wildlife, and I don't have thousands of dollars worth of lenses, in fact all I got is the camera. So, whadda ya think?
M7

Comments

• Options
    edited February 27, 2004
    Here's a better crop.
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    I made a couple of changes. Hope you don't mind.

2592365-M.jpg

Hutch
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    Yeah, I think a little more context is a good thing. Those red round thingies on the left, and the golden stuff to the right, enhance the shot, IMHO.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    neato (said in my best waxy voice). beautiful birds. we get a woodpecker here, but he is really skittish. Haven't had a chance to get a shot at him yet.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2004
    fish wrote:
    neato (said in my best waxy voice). beautiful birds. we get a woodpecker here, but he is really skittish. Haven't had a chance to get a shot at him yet.
    I don't mind at all if anybody ever wants to tweak my pictures. It's funny, over at dpreview I was told the picture was too busy and to crop it, over here the busyness adds to the pic. Go figger ;-) I do believe that's the first woodpecker I've ever seen here in S. Florida. When I lived on the coast I used to see wild parrots, but haven't seen any since I moved inland, mostly crows. Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys.
    M7
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2004
    Here's some more red thingies for wxwax :-)
    M7
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    thats a nice shot mystic7. I like the full version you posted, busy as it is, is natural.