Options

Bloom'n Arizona Wildflowers

shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
Anyone know where to find the wildflower blooms in the N. Phoenix? And of course the key question, "when?" I understand we are in a key time now, so do any Phoenecian's out there have any key spots to suggest?:scratch

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    shawnc wrote:
    Anyone know where to find the wildflower blooms in the N. Phoenix? And of course the key question, "when?" I understand we are in a key time now, so do any Phoenecian's out there have any key spots to suggest?headscratch.gif

Wildflowers are pretty hit and miss here.

Picacho Peak is South of Phoenix - half way to Tucson- but is one of the most famous. Blooms should be now till early May. I am trying to find a time to get down there myself.

You can also try the Superstitions in the East valley and the White Tanks Mtns. in the West valley.

As far as North- the Ocotillos should be blooming up by you, and some of the heavy Cactus areas between you and New River should be blooming right now or very soon too.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    silicasilica Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    Wildflowers in Arizona will not be even mediocre this year due to the lack of rainfall. Of course, there may be isolated spots where they will be better. I've found it useful to monitor the Desert Wildflower Watch:

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/az.html

Oh, and a resident of Phoenix is a Phoenician.