Options

Future Lightroom-Smugmug Goodness?

wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
Below are two Q/As from the official Adobe Lightoom FAQ:

Q: If Lightroom has a modular architecture, can third parties develop for it?
A: In the future, Adobe will be releasing a developer SDK for Lightroom, so that third parties can create additional modules that extend the application and the workflow in groundbreaking ways.

Q: How will developers create modules of their own? What kind of third-party support will Adobe offer?
A: Because Adobe Lightroom is being built using an entirely new open modular architecture, third-party vendors will be able to develop modules that plug directly into the Lightroom workflow, and work as first-class citizens with the Adobe-built modules. This will enable developers to deliver valuable enhancements and custom workflows for specialized digital photography requirements. After the final product is released, an SDK for Lightroom will be made available.

So, anyone up for some yummy Lightroom/Smugmug integration? Off the top of my head, I think exporting directly to SM from LR would be amazing!

I'm also excited to know that Adobe designed for third-party integration from the get-go. Even if Adobe doesn't bring the USM or Smart Sharpen algorithms into LR, there are some great third-party sharpeners that could release plug-ins. And who's up for some Noise Ninja on your RAWs!?!?

Anyway, just thought this was cool. :wink

Comments