Options

Night HDR shot of the palace of fine arts in SF

ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited March 31, 2007 in Landscapes
Several exposures and HDR in CS2 from a recent trip to San Francisco, C&C welcome.

136486641-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    I like the image, but it does look uneven, may be some streightning would help.
    Love the lighting and sharpness, beautiful reflection. Good shot, thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    Awesome photo...viewing it on my laptop looks great

Fred
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    The exposure is good. I'm wanting to see a bit of room at the top above the structure though. You could also have shot it at dusk before it got this dark so there would be some blue in the sky. I always find myself enjoying night shots much more when the sky isn't pure black. The orange here against a blue sky would look great. There is a small window of opportunity though.

Do you have the opportunity to re-shoot? If so, think about your composition and the available light when you do. Keep shooting. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback, I too would have liked to done this at dusk but didn't have the opportunity. I won't be down there for a while again but definitely want to re-shoot this and try some long exposures as well as HDR.