FS: NEW!!! Crumpler Farmers Double

Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited April 3, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
SOLD!!!!!

Thanks!

Yes folks I said NEW! This is a brand new Crumpler Farmers Double. They dont make 'em anymore. Due to an ordering mishap a few years ago I purchased two of these. I never took this one out of the bag (asside for the photo). Ive used the other one a ton. Fantastic bag. Check the review here for info on capacity:

http://www.cambags.com/nikon/d70/backpacks/Crumpler_farmersDouble_desc.htm

I normally run my D200 with 17-55 attached and an 80-200 in the pocket. It will take the D200 with the 80-200 attached as well, just a tight fit. In the top of the bag is a laptop sleave. The bag is completely water proof, Ive spent a lot of time in the rain with it. gear came out just fine. Fits great under the "seatback in front of you" also.

$125 + shipping.
farmersdouble01.jpg

farmersdouble02.jpg

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Is the Farmers Double similar in size to the Crumpler Schrinkle?
    Great bag rband btw, very good price. I would expect this to sell very quick.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    mr peas wrote:
    Is the Farmers Double similar in size to the Crumpler Schrinkle?
    Great bag rband btw, very good price. I would expect this to sell very quick.
    No, it's bigger.

The FD is a helluva bag, I use it all the time :D
    edited March 28, 2007
    How about in comparison to Brian's Hot Tub?
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 28, 2007
    mr peas wrote:
    How about in comparison to Brian's Hot Tub?
    roughly the same exterior size, but different design.

B's HT and Schrinkle are both "rear" loading, with one big single compartment w/dividers for camera gear. The FD has two front loading compartments, and only the lower one has camera dividers.

Here's a cambags review for you:
    http://www.cambags.com/nikon/d70/backpacks/Crumpler_farmersDouble_desc.htm

also, the FD has been replaced by the Customary Barge, you can see that one at crumplerusa.com. Same interior design, newer exterior. dims and specs should be similar.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited March 28, 2007
    Ahhhhh.. ic. Thats really cool. I didnt know Crumpler made those types as well. Theyre similar to the original Lowepro Trekkers then, but with a Crumpler touch. If I didnt already have a Schrinkle and BHT to fit all my crap into, this bag would make a great walkaround/hiking bag without needing to drop the bag just to open the gear from the back. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Yeah, this bag is sweet. The way the bottom opens you can take your camera in and out without putting the bag down. which is nice...