Options

can't find my posts

Lilley PhotographyLilley Photography Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited April 4, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
Ok. Andy has already explained to me about how to find my posts, but..... I'm just not getting it.

To find a reply to my post, I just go through until I find my name on the post screen and click on the posts.

I think Andy said click on the "you" to my top left... but I'm just not making a connection somwhere from my brain to what I'm reading. :dunno
www.LilleyPhotos.com
Felicia Lilley

Comments

• Options
    ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    There are a couple of ways, one is that you can simply click on your name in the list of online users an the bottom of the home page, then click on the link that says "Find all posts by Lilley Photography".

The other that you mentioned, clicking on "You" will show all of your subscribed posts. If you are posting and don't see replies to your posts in there go to the Edit Options link and make sure you don't have subscriptions turned off under "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Default is set to "No email notification" which will still show your subscribed threads, you just won't get email notifications.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Just click on your name to the left of the message.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Also, see the sticky thread, in this very forum, "how to do most anything on dgrin" :D
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Just click on your name to the left of the message.

That's the problem, I always have to go to the posts to hunt for my name. If I have a current post, I'll see my name there. geez

told ya that I'm
    www.LilleyPhotos.com
    Felicia Lilley
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Also, see the sticky thread, in this very forum, "how to do most anything on dgrin" :D

trust me.... i'm reading them. LOTS!!!

I swear.. I'm not blonde.. really.

just
    www.LilleyPhotos.com
    Felicia Lilley
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    That's the problem, I always have to go to the posts to hunt for my name. If I have a current post, I'll see my name there. geez

told ya that I'm
    Bottom of the main forum page, your name is listed in the "in da house" section deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    When I type in dgrin.com and get to the main page that has
    Digital Grin Photography Forum
    Click! Hi, Lilley Photography!
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
    That's where I'm lost. I've tried clicking on You!, but I can't find my posts. So, I go to the last place that I posted so that I can get to my name because I know that if I click on LILLEY PHOTOGRAPHY, I can get to my posts from there. I just has them all in a big list so I have to go through and find which one is recent.

I thought I was confused about my website before... now I'm just CONFUSED about everything.

I truly appreciate both of your patience with me. :(:

told ya that I'm
    www.LilleyPhotos.com
    Felicia Lilley
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    When I type in dgrin.com and get to the main page

Please look at the bottom of the page:
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007

That's where I'm lost. I've tried clicking on You!, but I can't find my posts. So, I go to the last place that I posted so that I can get to my name because I know that if I click on LILLEY PHOTOGRAPHY, I can get to my posts from there. I just has them all in a big list so I have to go through and find which one is recent.

I understand it can be a little confusing at first but it's not so bad once you get the feel for it. When you click on "You" you will only see your post(s) if there has been a reply since your last post in that thread. Otherwise, as Andy stated you can simply click on your name in that list on the bottom of the home page, your name will always be the first one on the list.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2007
    ericgtr wrote:
    I understand it can be a little confusing at first but it's not so bad once you get the feel for it. When you click on "You" you will only see your post(s) if there has been a reply since your last post in that thread. Otherwise, as Andy stated you can simply click on your name in that list on the bottom of the home page, your name will always be the first one on the list.

thanks... but when you click on "you" and have a new post, what will it say.

OH.. and not a little confusing........ ALOT !!

STILL,
    www.LilleyPhotos.com
    Felicia Lilley
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2007

STILL,

It will display the post, if you see nothing there it means there have been no replies to any of your posts. However, in the "You" section the best way to view all of your subscribed threads, whether they have been replied to or not, is to look on the left panel click on "List Subscriptions".
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007

STILL,
    Clicking "you" brings up your profile and setting stuff. Better to go to forums
    homepage and find your name in the "in da house" at the bottom, probably
    listed first. Clicking on your name there will have the links to your posts.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog