Options

a busker

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 23, 2005 in Landscapes
found this cool guitarist in the london underground, yesterday. shot with my 1Ds Mark II and 16-35 f/2.8L aboard. iso 400, f/4, 1/40th sec.

13826827-L.jpg

enjoy (busker) photography,

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 7, 2005
    Sweet, as usual Andy
    Interesting subject, very nice composition and perfectly exposed. I would expect no less thumb.gif How are all of our friends in London? More importantly, how's the food?

So are you getting any work done, in between shoots? It must be nice having a job the sends you all over the world and let's you shoot all those pics. That's the job I want when I grow up rolleyes1.gif

Yeah, you're right. There's very little chance that I will ever grow up. I'm sort of a Peter Pan trapped in a dumpy old man's body :lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    andy wrote:
    found this cool guitarist in the london underground, yesterday. shot with my 1Ds Mark II and 16-35 f/2.8L aboard. iso 400, f/4, 1/40th sec.

wonderful as usual.. feels like I'm there Andy..love the composition..clap.gif
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    Andy,

Great shot! Very well exposed. Not sure I have heard the term busker, wanna explain?:D

Hope you post more of london for us to see!
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    Very nice, great balance and a nice subject.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2005
    Andy,

Great shot! Very well exposed. Not sure I have heard the term busker, wanna explain?:D

Hope you post more of london for us to see!

hi tim - thanks

"busker" is a street performer :D
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    Nice shot
    Did you stand there and wait for some people to walk by and get in the perfect spot to balance your composition? :D And then there were no other bodies cluttering up the background. ISO 400 - so no flash, just natural light, huh? Tripod? RAW of course. Anyway, nice exposure. Say Andy, I see you're in London again. What do you do for a living? If I may ask. You sure travel around a lot. Great way to see the world, but you can't be home a whole lot of the time. Has plusses and minuses, I guess. How about the food? Did you have anything good? We've been talking about your food shots. More please.
    Thanks for sharing.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    Did you stand there and wait for some people to walk by and get in the perfect spot to balance your composition? :D And then there were no other bodies cluttering up the background. ISO 400 - so no flash, just natural light, huh? Tripod? RAW of course. Anyway, nice exposure. Say Andy, I see you're in London again. What do you do for a living? If I may ask. You sure travel around a lot. Great way to see the world, but you can't be home a whole lot of the time. Has plusses and minuses, I guess. How about the food? Did you have anything good? We've been talking about your food shots. More please.
    Thanks for sharing.

hiya snappy :D thanks for the kind comments!

yes, iso 400, no flash - handheld. i stood there for about five minutes, taking three pics in all. this was the last one... yeah, i waited for these people to walk by. i had two with people walking at me, and i didn't like them as much. shot in raw, yes... i only shoot in raw, it gives me total control over the exposure and white balance.

believe it or not, i'm a corporate type lol3.gif i'm the head of worldwide field operations for a software company, we provide analytic software to wall street firms. it's really just an excuse for me to travel about and shoot, really deal.gifplus it really helps that the ceo of the firm, to whom i report, is a photographer also....

food? i'm on the south beach diet, baby! :puke1
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Nice shot andy, did you find your way to the markets and food stalls in Camden??
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2005
    gubbs, re camden town
    gubbs wrote:
    Nice shot andy, did you find your way to the markets and food stalls in Camden??

take a lookie here

and, thanks :D
  • Options
    obelixobelix Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    andy wrote:

Great composition, Andy.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    thanks anand ...and
    obelix wrote:
    Great composition, Andy.

everyone else i may have missed :D
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2005
    A seriously good shot there. Fine composition as per your norm. Its good to see that you are retaining all that stuff I taught you. :roll

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    A seriously good shot there. Fine composition as per your norm. Its good to see that you are retaining all that stuff I taught you. :roll

Harry

hey harry - thanks for looking :D