Did someone mention Angels?

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited April 4, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Okay, not the same Angels others are posting, but an angel none-the-less:

139231442-L.jpg

This is an infrared of the Angel of Hope in our local cemetery. Shot with my IR modded Canon Powershot Pro1

And what about these Angels:
92339983-M-1.jpg

P.S. my Blue Angels photos from last year at MCAS Miramar (the real "Top Gun" the movie was based on) are here.
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Great shots Bill, did you PSed the 1st Angel in green? Very interesing effect. I don't care for baseball, but i like the shot.
    I took a look at you Blue Angels, great captures!clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Great shots Bill, did you PSed the 1st Angel in green? Very interesing effect. I don't care for baseball, but i like the shot.
    I took a look at you Blue Angels, great captures!clap.gif

Thanks. The Angel of Hope is pretty much a standard infrared image. Nothing special in PS other than normal infrared conversion techniques (swapping red & blue channels, etc.) It hasn't been desaturated so there is still a little bit of visible light generated color in the image.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    Okay, not the same Angels others are posting, but an angel none-the-less:

This is an infrared of the Angel of Hope in our local cemetery. Shot with my IR modded Canon Powershot Pro1
    And what about these Angels:
    P.S. my Blue Angels photos from last year at MCAS Miramar (the real "Top Gun" the movie was based on) are here.

Wow that guy about to bowl the ball looks sooo much like Gumby with his flexible body :D almost like a morphing effect eek7.gif

I look at the angel and I see a mountain I dunno why,
    but each time I look at it, the wing looks like a mountain on the left.

Two interesting shots you have there :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow that guy about to bowl the ball looks sooo much like Gumby with his flexible body :D almost like a morphing effect eek7.gif
    I really liked how that photo turned out. Frankie Rodriguez (the pitcher) has a very violent delivery and this photo really emphasizes it to me. Shutter speed on that photo is 1/60. I like how everything in the picture is tack sharp, including Frankie's front foot but the rest of Frankie is blurred.
    Skippy wrote:
    I look at the angel and I see a mountain I dunno why,
    but each time I look at it, the wing looks like a mountain on the left.
    You've got problems Skippy... (just kidding). I scrolled up to the picture after reading your description, and just once I too saw a mountain!

Can you find the word "Hope" in that wing?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    These are both very cool
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery