Options

Galina and Julia (8 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited April 6, 2007 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Again some from not so long ago. 2 flashes with reflector and softbox used.
4703.jpg
4711.jpg
4710.jpg
4 BTW about background: This is how 'old part' of the multiplex I work lokks like ...
4709.jpg
4707.jpg
4706.jpg
4705.jpg
4704.jpg
Interesting to know your opinion about compositions, light used, and also crops and PP on last 2-3

--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,825 moderator
    edited March 28, 2007
    Fascinating, this thread went a whole day, and a lot of visitors, without comment.

Awesome models and very nice lighting. I'm partial to brunettes, so the first young lady has my blood pressure up. thumb.gif

I'm not terribly fond of the glassware props, except maybe the last, but then it interferes with the view of her feminine assets. (... err, I mean it is more of a distraction.)

The hood is too close to her hair color to work well as an accessory in the last image.

#2 and #4 are my personal favorites, mostly because of the posing, expression and composition.

I like the lighting best in the last image, but the lighting in #6 is awfully nice also.

I would like to see #5 in "natural" color. I think I would like it better than the selective color shown.

Altogether much better than I could do. clap.gifclap
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Fascinating, this thread went a whole day, and a lot of visitors, without comment.

Awesome models and very nice lighting. I'm partial to brunettes, so the first young lady has my blood pressure up. thumb.gif

I'm not terribly fond of the glassware props, except maybe the last, but then it interferes with the view of her feminine assets. (... err, I mean it is more of a distraction.)

The hood is too close to her hair color to work well as an accessory in the last image.

#2 and #4 are my personal favorites, mostly because of the posing, expression and composition.

I like the lighting best in the last image, but the lighting in #6 is awfully nice also.

I would like to see #5 in "natural" color. I think I would like it better than the selective color shown.

Altogether much better than I could do. clap.gifclap
    Ziggy!
    As always, your critique is professional, strict and friendly at the same time.
    You realy make my photography better and I need your comments and critique so much!
    Again Thank You, Ziggy.
    You know I write short poems (SMS mostly) from time to time...
    So let me try it in English....

...I've done this subtle... Who can dig it?
    At least one man at D Grin - Ziggy

:-)

Yuri
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Yuri, Не скажите любое еще, но я имею предложение дела, и планирую для нас. Мы положили совместно мастерскую фотоего, с вами как диктор premier, и инструктор. Мы представим счет оно как: "Русская Красотка" Секреты reveled! Раз в возможности продолжительности жизни работать с photographer портрета premier России, Yuri Pautov. Идут с Yuri по мере того как он не объясняет все никогда перед показанными секретами к находить, и фотографировать слова большинств красивейшие женщины. Передайте все детали к мне. Я арендую плоскость, и записываю участников. Мы сделаем умерщвление. (пикосекунда: Я надеюсь вы может перевести вс это.) Sam :D

For our monolingual friends:
    Yuri,

Don't tell anyone else, but I have business proposition, and plan for us.

We put together a photo workshop, with you as the premier speaker, and instructor. We will bill it as:

“Russian Beauty”

The secrets reveled!

A once in a lifetime opportunity to work with Russia’s premier portrait photographer, Yuri Pautov.

Go with Yuri as he explains all the never before revealed secrets to finding, and photographing the words most beautiful women.

Leave all the details to me. I will rent the plane, and book the participants.

We will make a killing.

(Ps: I hope you can translate all this.)

Sam :D
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    I love #5. Something about those eyes.

thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Great series as always clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    I love the pose and color/warm tones of #4. Very nice! thumb.gif
  • Options
    tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    My Fav is the second one. Great framing the Lead is perfect. Lighting rocks and the subject looks at easy and stunning...
    Thank you
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    1, 3, and 4 are exceptional, great shots =)
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    4 and 6 are awesome! I especially like the color in #4!
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Sam wrote:
    Yuri, Не скажите любое еще, но я имею предложение дела, и планирую для нас. Мы положили совместно мастерскую фотоего, с вами как диктор premier, и инструктор. Мы представим счет оно как: "Русская Красотка" Секреты reveled! Раз в возможности продолжительности жизни работать с photographer портрета premier России, Yuri Pautov. Идут с Yuri по мере того как он не объясняет все никогда перед показанными секретами к находить, и фотографировать слова большинств красивейшие женщины. Передайте все детали к мне. Я арендую плоскость, и записываю участников. Мы сделаем умерщвление. (пикосекунда: Я надеюсь вы может перевести вс это.) Sam :D

For our monolingual friends:
    Yuri,

Don't tell anyone else, but I have business proposition, and plan for us.

We put together a photo workshop, with you as the premier speaker, and instructor. We will bill it as:

“Russian Beauty”

The secrets reveled!

A once in a lifetime opportunity to work with Russia’s premier portrait photographer, Yuri Pautov.

Go with Yuri as he explains all the never before revealed secrets to finding, and photographing the words most beautiful women.

Leave all the details to me. I will rent the plane, and book the participants.

We will make a killing.

(Ps: I hope you can translate all this.)

Sam :D

Count me in! Yuri, your models are beautiful! :D

One comment-- on one of the photos you've cropped right across the bust/breasts. It's usually better to either include 'em or crop above them-- it's just more compositionally pleasing to the eye for some reason. Nice shots here though.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+