Options

groomsmen drop trou

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited April 8, 2007 in Weddings
Still recovering from my first "real" wedding last weekend. Exhausting!

Groomsmen: the bride originally wanted them to wear pink ties & vests, I helped them get their last laugh!...enjoy! C&C most welcome as always

141317899-L.jpg

141268525-L.jpg

141268888-L.jpg

141270008-L.jpg

And a few more candids (i know weddings are about the brides, but these guys were such a fun, photogenic bunch!)

5. The groom helping his new stepson get dressed (awwwww!)
141270261-L.jpg

6. and the Bostonian best man with the irish brogue, he was a trip!
141271185-L.jpg

7. an empty cooler later, and the ceremony hasn't even started. :slosh
141290096-L.jpg
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    These are really fun! Just wondering how you went about "suggesting" your great idea...

Sure will be pics that they will enjoy forever!
    mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    These are really fun! Just wondering how you went about "suggesting" your great idea...

Sure will be pics that they will enjoy forever!
    mwink.gif

oh it wasn't mine!!! it was definitely their plan, i had no idea. after their group shots, they just asked me if I minded documenting their little joke! :Dthanks for commenting
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    These are WONDERFUL!!! The third one is the only one I'm not jazzed about. But I'm over the top for all of the others! I LOVE the last one... And the pink boxers! that's HILARIOUS! I love it!

Okay, now I want to see some bride shots!!! How did the rest of the wedding go? Awesome job!
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    These are WONDERFUL!!! The third one is the only one I'm not jazzed about. But I'm over the top for all of the others! I LOVE the last one... And the pink boxers! that's HILARIOUS! I love it!

Okay, now I want to see some bride shots!!! How did the rest of the wedding go? Awesome job!
    oh, thanks Andi for the compliments! You know how much I stressed over this one :) The location was beautiful, but the backlighting became an absolute nightmare. The sun was really harsh after a hard rain, and as you can see the windows were everywhere, and besides that, the very dark wood sucked dry any flash I tried to use.

Here's a few faves of the girls:

141278342-L.jpg

141279128-L.jpg

141280015-L.jpg

141281318-L.jpg

141285733-L.jpg

141293755-L.jpg
    re: 13 --the Sigma 70-200 2.8 REALLY performed beyond my expectations. This is from the back of the church, no flash, on monopod, metering center weighted (it works!) f2.8, ISO 800, 1/100th, 168mm (268 in 35mm).

thanks for looking! :)
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Wow! 9, 11, 12 - stunning! 13 - amazing that it performed so well! VERY nice to know!

Thanks for posting more... Looks like they'll be blown away!! Awesome. :D
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Lynne...
    These are wonderful. Excellent captures and love the processing. The cooler is empty shot is most excellent....you did a fabulous work here.....makes me want to go shoot a wedding clap.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Super job, Lynne!!! I was wondering how you were doing with your new lens. Looks like it performed well. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    These are wonderful. Excellent captures and love the processing. The cooler is empty shot is most excellent....you did a fabulous work here.....makes me want to go shoot a wedding clap.gif

thanks swartzy, that cooler shot has really grown on me too. Andi has definitely turned me on to Lightroom for good...it's so fluid and yields consistency for large shoots like this.

[oh and you're welcome to come down to the other 'napolis and shoot one of my three May weddings....my feet are tired just thinking about that month! :D]
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Super job, Lynne!!! I was wondering how you were doing with your new lens. Looks like it performed well. clap.gif
    thanks Susan! I appreciate the feedback, after editing 15GB of images, its impossible to have an objective opinion overall.

as far as the 70-200, i'm still struggling with it. Only used it during the ceremony. The 85mm is just so sharp, fast and light for tele portraits...
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    These are absolutely wonderful!!!

I truely love the groom helping his stepson!!!! OMG, that is really fabulous shot! You normally see just the men helping each other with their boutonnier's, or cuff link shots........I really really really REALLY like that shot, so personal!!!!

All theother one's are great too, you did a wonderful job, but that one really sticks with me!!!

Heather
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    I love the selective color without pants!

Way to differentiate and create a photo that was special to that couple, it will make the whole experience that much more connected to them and make them more than likely to suggjest you for further weddings via word of mouth.

Sometimes that is more valuable than advterising!

Way to keep your eyes and ears open!
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    fantastic job lynne!
    if i had to get married again.... headscratch.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    #4, 7, 2, great job, the shorts one is so unique... Im sure they'll remember that for a long time =) Great shots =)clap.gif
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited April 6, 2007
    Well, they did wear something pink after all!!:D

Great series of shots, all very well done!! Weddings are hard work aren't they? Fun, but hard work just the same.

I thought I recognized the minister - check this shot from my niece's wedding a while back.

35296335-M.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Well, they did wear something pink afterall!!:D

Great series of shots, all very well done!! Weddings are hard work aren't they? Fun, but hard work just the same.

I thought I recognized the minister - check this shot from my niece's wedding a while back.

35296335-M.jpg

that sure is him........i didn't know you were a closet Hoosier, too. What a small world! that is NUTS!!!!! thanks for sharing.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited April 6, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    that sure is him........i didn't know you were a closet Hoosier, too. What a small world! that is NUTS!!!!! thanks for sharing.

No closet - check out my avatar:D:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    No closet - check out my avatar:D:D

I see it now, but I'm familiar with your work and I never remembered seeing you were in Indiana! oops!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    These are absolutely wonderful!!!

I truely love the groom helping his stepson!!!! OMG, that is really fabulous shot! You normally see just the men helping each other with their boutonnier's, or cuff link shots........I really really really REALLY like that shot, so personal!!!!

All theother one's are great too, you did a wonderful job, but that one really sticks with me!!!

Heather

thanks heather for your comments...i love your work! I also thought this was so sweet...their whole story is sweet, the bride has two children and the groom is so great with them...its her second marriage but he insisted on having a huge, formal wedding. It was pretty special to be a part of it, was an emotional day for many.

thanks nir and winger and mike for your comments, too, I appreciate you looking! I'm glad to finally be able to share wedding shots....:D
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    The selective color works really good with the pink underwear...good job.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Very nice stuff.
    Cool creative shots.
    Not just the run of the mill "there they are shots".

The one with the pink shorts is going to be a real favorite for them I'll bet!