Options

softball

dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
edited April 11, 2007 in Sports
first time with sigma 2.8 200 in sunlight! I did fair..I found that my meter said it was dark but with the black jerseys I blew some faces out. so I'll shoot -.7 or -1 next time more than I did this time.
I did get to try my bigma 500mm from over the outfield wall though. It was a bit tougher to shoot in a gusty wind.
141485631-L.jpg

141505146-L.jpg

141490521-L.jpg

141505922-L.jpg
**If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
Dave

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    first time with sigma 2.8 200 in sunlight! I did fair..I found that my meter said it was dark but with the black jerseys I blew some faces out. so I'll shoot -.7 or -1 next time more than I did this time.
    I did get to try my bigma 500mm from over the outfield wall though. It was a bit tougher to shoot in a gusty wind.

Wow I'm impressed the catcher doesn't have her eyes shut clap.gif
    Good Series :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    I think you did better than fair. They look great to me. Nice crisp and clear. You even stopped the ball. I like the people in the background in the first photo. It shows you what they will go thru to watch a game. Really good action in the last photo.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    I think you did better than fair. They look great to me. Nice crisp and clear. You even stopped the ball. I like the people in the background in the first photo. It shows you what they will go thru to watch a game. Really good action in the last photo.thumb.gif

Thanks....it was about 40 degrees with a strong wind. the outfielders kept one hand in their back pocket.
    Dave
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Dave,

Last one is a real keeper. I would suggest cropping down tighter to the action though as you have a lot of dead space around the frame but the timing was right on the money.
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    johng wrote:
    Dave,

Last one is a real keeper. I would suggest cropping down tighter to the action though as you have a lot of dead space around the frame but the timing was right on the money.

thanks...I didn't crop close because the school might buy some & I have no idea what size they may want.

How does everybody else get around that?
    Dave
  • Options
    RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    nice work Dave, great action captures

i would set ev down to -.3 or -.7 to avoid the hot spots
    watch the saturations on the colors
    open the aperture more on the busy backgrounds
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    nice work Dave, great action captures

i would set ev down to -.3 or -.7 to avoid the hot spots
    watch the saturations on the colors
    open the aperture more on the busy backgrounds

Thanks Randy...
    looks like I'll have to wait til next week to work on it.. 2-8 inches of snow is comming. eek7.gif

Some of these came out over saturated whitout me touching them , I didn't know if it was me being unfamiliar with the lens?
    Dave
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    Thanks Randy...
    looks like I'll have to wait til next week to work on it.. 2-8 inches of snow is comming. eek7.gif

Dont you just love duluth!