Options

My Little Lamb

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited April 10, 2007 in People
My daughter loves stuffed animals. She was playing with this one outside. Our neighbor pointed out that her dress matched the flowers so I decided to get a few shots.

Which one is better? (Or are they both just mediocre? Be honest. :D) Is she squinting too much? I darkened the grass in the background. Did I overdo it? The last photo is an example before the grass was darkened. C&C obviously welcome.

140388489-L.jpg

140394677-L.jpg

140147083-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    For me, the third one works best. For whatever reason, it's the first one where I really noticed the lamb. headscratch.gif I'd say my biggest reservation is that she looks posed, not terribly natural.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    For me, the third one works best. For whatever reason, it's the first one where I really noticed the lamb. headscratch.gif I'd say my biggest reservation is that she looks posed, not terribly natural.

I agree. If you're going for a posed photo, this is really cute. But I think by letting her do her own thing with the lamb and capturing her love for it, you'll get a better shot.

As a posed photo, I like it. I like how her clothes play off the flowers. But I agree about not noticing the lamb very much.

Cute girl! I'm sure you'll have plenty of other opportunities to get some cute shots of her with the lamb!

Oh, now that I think of it..... Maybe that's what the issue is. You're "pointing" out (by placement, darkening, etc) the comparison of her dress to the flowers so much that the lamb is lost... I'd pick out one thing to bring focus to - flower/dress or lamb/girl and you'll have a stronger image! And I'd also lose the flipflops. She has cute feet and the flipflops overpower them a bit. Just a thought!

Just MHO, as always!

:D
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    Thanks Sid and Andi. I appreciate your taking the time to comment. Your feedback helps.
  • Options
    JenniCob21JenniCob21 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    As a posed shot, this looks great. I wouldn't have noticed the lamb however, if you hadn't of pointed out that she had it. I really like the angle you have. Might I suggest trying a little more body angle with it. She is a gorgeous little girl. Good job!

Jenni
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Good work! I like the second one the best, as your daughter's dress seems to contrast perfectly with the flowers behind her =)
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007