edited April 12, 2007 in Landscapes
..took these recently ...............

141379089-O.jpg

141378250-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I really like the first one--second is good too.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    Both are very nice! I especially like the 2nd shot.....nice scene, great lighting, and I love all the textures. Do either of these qualify for the challenge time frame? thumb.gif
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I especially like #2. thumb.gif

Reminds me of my early days almost 40 years ago backpacking around Europe and the UK. Just like then, I always wonder what is "just around the bend."
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    Steve1962Steve1962 Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    Just around the bend
    Dixie wrote:
    I especially like #2. thumb.gif

Reminds me of my early days almost 40 years ago backpacking around Europe and the UK. Just like then, I always wonder what is "just around the bend."
    ............. is this ........... just a few miles from home ..

http://steve1962.smugmug.com/gallery/2670937

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minster Lovell Hall was built by Lord William Lovell in the 1440's and was further extended by his son, Lord Francis. The last resident was Thomas Coke who moved to a new house in Holkham in Norfolk, leaving Minster Lovell to be dismantled in 1747.[/FONT]

Original plaster can still be seen on the walls , they don't build 'em like they used to .

Steve
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    Steve1962 wrote:
    ............. is this ........... just a few miles from home ..

http://steve1962.smugmug.com/gallery/2670937

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minster Lovell Hall was built by Lord William Lovell in the 1440's and was further extended by his son, Lord Francis. The last resident was Thomas Coke who moved to a new house in Holkham in Norfolk, leaving Minster Lovell to be dismantled in 1747.[/FONT]

Original plaster can still be seen on the walls , they don't build 'em like they used to .

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the link to the gallery. I enjoyed looking through them. Very nice.

....and you're right. Nothing they are building now-a-days is going to be here 600 years from now.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    Steve1962Steve1962 Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    They all fall down
    Dixie wrote:
    Steve,

Thanks for the link to the gallery. I enjoyed looking through them. Very nice.

....and you're right. Nothing they are building now-a-days is going to be here 600 years from now.

........... I visit that place from time to time , early in the morning .......... so serene and peaceful .............. it must have been magnificent in its day , you can just sense the history in places like these .

Steve
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    I like 'em both - especially #2. Try cropping off that pipe on the very left of the frame and see if you think it's any better.