Options

Skip Hunt's South Africa journey

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited April 13, 2007 in Journeys
This guy was my photography mentor's mentor back in the 1980s, and I've been following his South Africa journey photoblog. So in a manner of speaking, he's like my 'photography grandpa'. :rofl

His narrative is quite entertaining, and his photos are amazing....stories in and of themselves. I never travel anywhere interesting so this is the only way I can post in the journeys threads, vicariously! :)

enjoy!
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Wow, gorgeous work. bowdown.gif

Hey Lynne, we're pretty scrupulous about not posting other people's work without their permission. It's a copyright thing, since we're all photographers here. Did he give you the OK to post an image here?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow, gorgeous work. bowdown.gif

Hey Lynne, we're pretty scrupulous about not posting other people's work without their permission. It's a copyright thing, since we're all photographers here. Did he give you the OK to post an image here?

no, however his copyright information is all over it. but you're right, it's definitely a grey area and I want to err on the side of respect. I just wanted to give a taste of his awesome journey.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    no, however his copyright information is all over it. but you're right, it's definitely a grey area and I want to err on the side of respect. I just wanted to give a taste of his awesome journey.
    thumb.gif Cool.

And thank you for posting the link, his stuff is inspiring.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au