Options

waikiki beach without the Diamond

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited April 13, 2007 in Landscapes
when i got to waikiki beach i said to myself - dont rush to take pictures of diamond head ( thats what everyone does ) First, take a look around and see what else might be image worthy........
well i'm still not sure if theyre image worthy but i did resist taking the "diamond head" pics till a later date - maybe that wasnt a good idea after all?? :scratch

BTW, while in Hawaii i "shot" evcery image using full manual !!! those who have ever seen my previous pics know that prior to hawaii i shot 99.99% exclusively in Av mode. I decided to take Shay's Recommendations and i "re-read" Undestanding Exposure.

143339180-L.jpg

143339350-L.jpg

143338953-L.jpg

143339268-L.jpg

143339013-L.jpg

143339073-L.jpg

troy

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,207 moderator
    edited April 13, 2007
    Troy, looks like manual mode and you are fast friends now. :D

Waikiki hasn't changed from your pics. When I was there (10 years ago), I walked to Diamond Head, and then into it through the eastern entrance. There is a nice university-run garden on the north side of the road (Khulakua Blvd?) correction: Monsarrat Ave, Diamond Head Rd. about halfway there from Waikiki. I hope you got a chance to see that.

Please post more of these if you can.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Troy, looks like manual mode and you are fast friends now. :D

Waikiki hasn't changed from your pics. When I was there (10 years ago), I walked to Diamond Head, and then into it through the eastern entrance. There is a nice university-run garden on the north side of the road (Khulakua Blvd?) correction: Monsarrat Ave, Diamond Head Rd. about halfway there from Waikiki. I hope you got a chance to see that.

Please post more of these if you can.
    thanx david, thats what ive heard from many peeps - that it hasnt changed that much over the years. but maybe thats a good thing - why mess with a beautiful place to begin with..

BTW, more pics to follow..

troy