Options

LPS#3 Drawing to a close

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited April 14, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
The closing time for LPS#3 is Monday, April 16th 00:01 (12:01am), NYC time (GMT -5)

Yes it's true, all good things must end, and the third round is no exception. Just one more weekend left, scant more than two days.

If you have not done so yet, please review your photos title to see if you would like to update it to not include the theme words "Irregular" or "Picturesque" anywhere in your title. You will no doubt be doing yourself a favor :D
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    62 entries? Not even close to LPS#2 mwink.gif
    Loss of interest? Last second entries? eek7.gif
    Come on, guys and gals, shoot your heart out! iloveyou.gif
    Only 30 slots left for the May semifinal... deal.gif Take them while you still can! :D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Last minute entries
    There always seems to be a bunch of last minute entries! :D
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    There always seems to be a bunch of last minute entries! :D
    True, true...
    I think this modus operandi will become esp. popular when the open themed challenges (e.g. semifinals) begin... headscratch.gif
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Can I just say how fun this has been and how excited I am to keep participating? Wait, I just did!

Thanks for the inspiration, everyone.
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    True, true...
    I think this modus operandi will become esp. popular when the open themed challenges (e.g. semifinals) begin... headscratch.gif

I think it will be the other way around in the semis, since there's less worry about someone riffing on your theme interpretation and possibly doing it better or making it seem less original. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2007
    lynnesite wrote:
    I think it will be the other way around in the semis, since there's less worry about someone riffing on your theme interpretation and possibly doing it better or making it seem less original. ne_nau.gif

While this reasoning is perfectly correct, it's not the one I was thinking about.
    Open themed contest is based upon one primary idea: deliver the best image.
    Post image early - and you give your rivals a solid bar they will make sure to beat, especially now that they are not limited by any other rules or even themes. deal.gif

In any case, I guess we'll see how it goes. One thing for sure - it's gonna be plenty interesting....wings.gif
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    There's something to be said for leaving your entry till the last minute, I wish I could replace mine now but I jumped in too early.

Charlie
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    thebigsky wrote:
    There's something to be said for leaving your entry till the last minute, I wish I could replace mine now but I jumped in too early.

Charlie

You can replace it, you still have time.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    normally,
    I'm kind of a procrastinator, but this time I planned. I had to - I work at a CPA firm and right now we're working 14-15 hour days. The only thing I could submit last minute would be a picture of a 1040. Though some are definitely 'irregular', that would be breaching confidentiality. hehe

I'm just hoping I have time to check the results next week.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 13, 2007
    thebigsky wrote:

Charlie
    Pssssst, read more carefully... :D
    straight from the rules:
    You may enter a photo into the contest thread at any time during the contest period, and you can also change that submission at anytime during the contest period, by editing your post. The order of entries in the contest gallery has no bearing on the selection of the finalists.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited April 14, 2007
    I'm still at 9
    Slightly different 9 than I had before, yet still...
    Who's gonna fill that last slot? headscratch.gif
    Two days left... mwink.gif
  • Options
    intentional_noiseintentional_noise Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Well I am out this time round, not that I was even in it first time round rolleyes1.gifToday, was the first time I had some decent material. Too blurred in one for comp level, even though I like the effect - silly tree wasn't enough to the left in the other and no way was that medieval guy gonna move that tree for me ne_nau.gif

Never mind! always good inspiration for the period, whether you float it or sink :ivar
  • Options
    RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    While this reasoning is perfectly correct, it's not the one I was thinking about.
    Open themed contest is based upon one primary idea: deliver the best image.
    Post image early - and you give your rivals a solid bar they will make sure to beat, especially now that they are not limited by any other rules or even themes. deal.gif

In any case, I guess we'll see how it goes. One thing for sure - it's gonna be plenty interesting....wings.gif
    In my case it wouldn’t be planning a late entry, I’ll be just happy to get one in on time.
    Robert
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Whoops, thanks for pointing that out guys, I seem to have a blind spot for rules and manuals, one day I really should get around to reading them properly.

Now I'm in a quandry about which image to replace my entry with.

Charlie