Options

broken bicycle

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited February 29, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't posted a photo in quite a while here, so here goes. School/work has been very busy lately, and this week didn't get off to a good start. And then yesterday, this happened:

2576909-M.jpg

What's wrong with that picture??? :wxwax :wxwax

But for some reason, I like the shot that I took. Something about the wide angle and detail in the head tube/fork crown/ and front caliper. So at least something good came out of it. This girl put in years of service, so I laid her to rest peacefully. No sense in trying to fix her.
:cry
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2004
    Talk about the rule of thirds! The front part's in the left third, the top is on the upper third, and the rear is just outside the right third. What a good example of the power of the rule, because the middle is empty.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Talk about the rule of thirds! The front part's in the left third, the top is on the upper third, and the rear is just outside the right third. What a good example of the power of the rule, because the middle is empty.
    Of course, I meant to do that...

:D

Thanks for defining why I like the shot. I knew it was based in the composition, and you've spelled it out.
    Erik

• Options
    jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    What's wrong with that picture???

I saw the tube and said, "Oh, that must be a Vitus." And it was :-). I'll take my joints welded instead of glued, thankyouverymuch!

jim
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    jimf wrote:
    I saw the tube and said, "Oh, that must be a Vitus." And it was :-). I'll take my joints welded instead of glued, thankyouverymuch!

jim
    Notice thel lack of rear derailleur and rear brake - I only used that POS to ride around campus. Lasted pretty long actually.
    Erik

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited February 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

How is this for rule of thirds....... Not that the rule of thirds is always the best way to compose an image....There are many excellent images that do not follow the rule of thirds - I just like to be a trouble maker some evenings..Laughing.gif

2522903-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin