FS: Minolta and Vivitar Lenses and Camera

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited April 15, 2007 in The Other Guys
Several items from my old film days. I purchased most of this in about 1980, used it for a few years and has been in storage for more than it was used. I hesitate to say 100% as new, but then lenses are pretty damn close - I know the optics to be perfect. Prices are for the equipment, shipping costs extra. Will accept Paypal or checks (although they should clear first) no extra charge.

1. This lens SOLD! Vivtar Series 1: Minolta Mount: 90mm f2.5 Macro

123092342-S.jpg
123092350-S.jpg

123092362-S.jpg

123092390-S.jpg
At one time, this was the sharpest lens that Popular Photography had ever tested. Great as portrait, close up and general lens. This is what I used in the good old days and have lots of 11X14 proof shots to show for it.
Lens cap and end cap included.
Asking $175.00

2. This Lens SOLD! Converter for Vivitar Series 1 90mm macro lens
Never Used:

123092310-S.jpg

Case and tripod collar included $50.00

3. Vivitar Series 1 70-210 1:3.5 Macro Focusing Auto Zoom. Replacement lens cap, no endcap. Includes 67mm Hoya UV filter. Filter has been on lens since new and never removed. $150.00
123092579-S.jpg

123092513-S.jpg

123092508-S.jpg

123092549-S.jpg

4.Minolta 35mm f2.8 lens. MD W.Rokkor-X
KLIMr 49mm UV filter included and attached since new. Lens cal and end cap included. Lens cap has no internal spring to hold it on. Perfect for reversing ring action!$80.00
123092443-S.jpg

123092457-S.jpg

123092436-S.jpg

123092465-S.jpg

5. FLASH SOLD!!!Vivitar zoom Thryster 285 Flash $35.00 FLASH SOLD!!!
I just put batteries in it and it fired right up. Very bright, variable power adjustable with front ring. Great slave.

123092468-S.jpg

123092502-S.jpg

6. Minolta XD5 Film body. Some patina on the outside, but mechanically very good. $50.00

123092589-S.jpg

123092603-S.jpg

123092618-S.jpg

123092635-S.jpg

7. Minolta Auto Winder D for body above: $20.00

123092645-S.jpg

Dusty in the above photo - I have to learn to wipe stuff down well before I shoot! These are my first shots in the light tent I set up, you can see some of the diffusing paper in the right side on some of these, I have since removed it. Would enjoy feedback on the photos as well. I put up some in Other Cool Shots as well.

Good feedback here and Fleabay on everything. I would be happy to discuss, send more photos, or ship to you!

PM me here if interested.

Zanotti
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Can anyone suggest a place (other than fleabay) to sell this kind of stuff?

My assumption is that its a little too narrowly focused to sell here - most of us are interested in newer stuff.

I hate to see all this go to waste, its good optics in good condition.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 16, 2007
    You think a Minolta is hard? I'm sitting on a full Pentacon/Praktica outfit (old GDR stuff) that is so undervalued on ebay it's not even funny. Unfortunately, there's just little to no market for this kind of stuff unless its really really rare or special.

In my case, I've handpicked a few special pieces for their sentimental value (they were granddad's) and just sacrificed the rest at a low price hoping that they would at least get used by the person that took the time to search for them and buy them from me.

If you find any better venues, let us know.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    I have a bunch
    of lenses and accessories from the same era... but mine is pretty beat up and was well used. I hope you can find a buyer.
  • raceMpower95raceMpower95 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Like everyone above has said, I too have an old AE-1 Program with an assortment of lenses and flashes, etc. If anyone finds somewhere to get a decent price for this stuff, please share it.
    Canon EOS 40D w/BG-E2 vertical grip
    Canon EOS 20D w/BG-E3 vertical grip
    Tokina AF 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 AT-X DX
    Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0
    L
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
    Canon EF 70-200 f/4.0
    L
    Canon 580 EX II
    Alien Bee Studio Strobes w/ Cybersync Triggers + VII Powerpack
  • Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Do you know if the the 35mm will fit on a Minolta? SRT-201?
    I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
    edited January 19, 2007
    Duckys54 wrote:
    Do you know if the the 35mm will fit on a Minolta? SRT-201?

According to this: http://members.aol.com/manualminolta/index.htm

Yes, but as always YMMV.

Z
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Yahoo groups have (had in the past couple of years) a lot of film user groups and collector groups....got rid of some of my old twinlens 120 cams there a little over a year ago as I did n't figure anyone here would be ah lookin' fer that kind o' struff....

Search the yahoo groups.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    You could always try KEH to sell your stuff. Good luck.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited January 20, 2007
    Flash is SOLD!
  • begadabegada Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2007
    vivtar lens and converter
    dear zanotti
    I am interested in both the 90mm vivtar lens and the lens converter.
    I guess that the converter is a 2x unit.
    Can you give me more information about the converter, I am familiar with the 90mm lens.
    What it the very best price you would be happy to let them both go for?
    I am new to dgrin and do not understand what safeguards are in place to ensure that the goods arrive after I pay up.
    regards
    robert smith
    lightning ridge
    nsw
    australia
  • flashoverflashover Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2007
    you could try nelsonfoto it has a large number of film shooters.

http://nelsonfoto.com/v/index.php

I just sold my Black AE-1 with a "A" winder and a 50 f1.8 local through the craiglist. Nice clean working camera for 80.00 CND so I guess about 70.00 USD.
    edited April 9, 2007
    begada wrote:
    dear zanotti
    I am interested in both the 90mm vivtar lens and the lens converter.
    I guess that the converter is a 2x unit.
    Can you give me more information about the converter, I am familiar with the 90mm lens.
    What it the very best price you would be happy to let them both go for?
    I am new to dgrin and do not understand what safeguards are in place to ensure that the goods arrive after I pay up.
    regards
    robert smith
    lightning ridge
    nsw
    australia

I would sell the pair for $200.

I dont know how we would do a transaction between the USA and Australia. We have many members from "Down Under" so I am sure its done every day - but I have to admit some hesitation to doing an around the world deal - both due to distance and wanting to make you happy with perfect arrival condition.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 9, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    I would sell the pair of $200.

I dont know how we would do a transaction between the USA and Australia. We have many members from "Down Under" so I am sure its done every day - but I have to admit some hesitation to doing an around the world deal - both due to distance and wanting to make you happy with perfect arrival condition.
    Just FTR, I've seen quite a few around the world transactions. I don't think you should be worried about arrival condition. There may be a little extra cost and some "fun" in transferring the funds, but that can be worked out between the 2 parties.

One of our Oz mods, gus, just bought a 10-22 from the states. Went pretty well.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• begadabegada Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 9, 2007
    vivitar lens and converter
    hi zanott
    sorry for the delay in responding buti was waiting for a reply thru my email and didnt realise it would be posted on the site.
    the price seems high but the photographs indicate the lenses are in really good condition and frankly its just what i want (for a fairly strange reason), so you have a deal.

I have just joined with paypal and can do the transaction that way
    let me know what the next step is, I will go back to the Paypal site and check on procedures
    regards
    robert smith
    edited April 15, 2007
    Some items sold
    90MM Vivitar Lens and Converter SOLD!

Flash SOLD!

Zanotti