Options

Tropical Scenes

slapshotslapshot Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited April 16, 2007 in Landscapes
For those of you freezing your rear ends off up North, I thought I would share some warmer places I have been the last year or two:

This is a beach shot from Gran Turk in the Turk and Caicos Islands. This photo is from the south east part of the island, close to port. Another half mile up the beach is a point littered with hundreds of conch shells. But all the good shells have been taken by the local boys to sell to the cruise ship passengers!

123029273-M.jpg

Next up is a sunset image from Key Largo, Florida. This shot is looking over the bay side (west) of the Key, in May, as the sun sets. The boat anchored up is not mine (I wish it was!). We spend a weekend shark fishing in Islamorada, just south of Key Largo, every May for my birthday.

123029337-M.jpg

If you pick one place to go in the Caribbean, I recommend the Virgin Islands. I have seen no other place like it. No where else will you see the color blue like you will see it there. This image is from Paradise Point on St. Thomas.

123029374-M.jpg

Here in Florida, we don't have to travel far to paradise. This image is of my children at Tigertail Beach, on Marco Island, on Florida's west coast. To get to this sand bar, you have to wade through waist deep water from the mainland to get to the beach. If you are in to shells, this is the place to go. There are literllay millions of shells waiting for you here. It is one of our favorite places.

123029291-M.jpg

Thank you for looking!!

Comments