Options

Proximity

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited April 17, 2007 in People
Pretty-girl-with-boyfriend_MG_4087.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6d470e4c17f0d4c5ac93fcf75e740646

This movie set like photo was taken near Capitol Theater. I really liked the dynamics of the couple as well as the space created by the guys sitting in the background. My wife thinks the young man looks a bit like Tom Cruise, which further emphasises “movie” like character of this capture.

I’m often get asked how close do I get to the people I photograph, do they notice and do they mind being captured on camera. The story behind this photo should become my anecdote. As you can see from the image, the girl has clearly noticed me taking the photograph. Just a second before this photo was taken I’ve waved the camera at them. The girl moved more to the right to be more visible and looked straight at me. I took a quick photograph, taken my business card out of my pocket and handed it over to her. Her boyfriend did not notice any of it until she has shown him the card and told him they were just photographed

Comments

• Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    I guess it's okay, but the boyfriend's pose does nothing for me, although the framing and b&w look good =); just not his expression.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    Mike, this shot was just to illustrate a point in the story.
    Mike02 wrote:
    I guess it's okay, but the boyfriend's pose does nothing for me, although the framing and b&w look good =); just not his expression.