Options

Old error is back

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited April 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Batch uploader again reporting incorrect # of images uploaded. I only occasionally use it, use star explorer usually. Uploaded 24 images all went through, it said received 20.

Maybe one day it will get fixed. Going on and off for at least a year now. Just FYI, I have learned not to trust it. Happened 3 or 4 times last week, have 6 pics going to 4 different galleries. 3 times it said 5 images received, one said 6 received. All 6 went through to the 4 galleries.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Site link?
    I'd like to see your upload log.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    nickname snapsterfoto
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    bham wrote:
    nickname snapsterfoto
    I see one error in your log

IMG_8681.JPG n/a Error 2007-04-05 06:58:03 n/a n/a upload problemwrong bytes received

Sounds like a communication issue, where there was perhaps some data loss on the way up to SmugMug. Thanks for reporting, sorry for the hassle!
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I see one error in your log

IMG_8681.JPG n/a Error 2007-04-05 06:58:03 n/a n/a upload problemwrong bytes received

Sounds like a communication issue, where there was perhaps some data loss on the way up to SmugMug. Thanks for reporting, sorry for the hassle!

Nope picture went through ok. The only error was in what it said was the number of pics reported after the bulk uploader was done. Its more rare for it to report the correct number uploaded than to report the wrong number. I use Star Explorer for most upload, but for a few small ones I use the bulk uploader. Not sure why it does this for me so often but it does. I did about 4 different sets of files that I dragged and dropped and only 1 of the four report the correct number. I sent 24 it reported 20, I sent 6 it reported 5. Don't recall the other 2. It use to frustrate me more but now that I rarely have to use it, its just funny. Oh well maybe someone will figure it out sometime.
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2007
    ok it just happened again

# photos sent; # photos went thru ok; reported received by uploader

6 6 5
    7 7 6
    7 7 7
    7 7 6

Just letting you know.