Options

Milena (7img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Was ill for some time - now everything's OK and...
working on some last year 'debts' , keeping shooting - oh!Where can I find some time for my photos??!!!?
Yes, again, from my first steps in flash photography...
Sorry for the background - I had no good bg at these times...
4731.jpg
4732.jpg
4733.jpg
4734.jpg
4735.jpg
4736.jpg
4737.jpg
I tried to find some mood in the eyes.
Your thoughts and opinions...

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    The only one that works for me is the first - the others seem awkward and uncomfortable, which isn't your style at all..
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    The only one that works for me is the first - the others seem awkward and uncomfortable, which isn't your style at all..

I like the 5th one as well, but I wish it wasn't cropped quite so tightly on the top and the right. As a set I think these might have worked better against a dark background.
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I like 7 and 1 the best, 2 and 3 have some emotion, while the rest lack it.

I like the shoot overall, but some of the shots where she's facing away from the camera just look horrible, imo :P.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    This is an uneasy session to look at as the young lady musician lacks character in her expression. Perhaps there is a slight trace of melancholy Yuri tried to capture in her eyes but overall the images lack the point of attention we are so used to in your photos.

Adding a prop, a violin in this case, to the pose mix puts more responsibility on the photographer to explore more angles and view points. I can see you've tried a few but I have to agree with others they simply didn't work.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Glad to see you are feeling better Yuri, I was just wondering about you yesterday. I watch for your posts so I knew it had been a while.

I like number 3 and number 5, I like that she is looking away. It feels less like a portrait and a little more like a captured moment of concentration.

On number 3 her left hand position bothers me a little as it seems like an unnatural way to hold the instrument.

Again, glad to see you feeling better.

Brian
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Your work always, always, ALWAYS amazes me!!

Fabulous!!!

Heather
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I love #1, #2 and #5, and think the second could be a wonderful promotional photo for a concert of hers. Is the blurring at the bottom intentional, or was she moving?

Being a violinist myself I can't help but like this prop! :D
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Owen wrote:

I totally agree with this statement from Owen. You have a great knack for making your models look so comfortable...however this subject (this model) looks forced.

I truly love your work...but none of these work for me. Just my humble opinion.
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    Spasibo, dear friends!
    Agree with you - this session could be better if she was playing, but... maybe next time!
    Yuri