Options

Web Page Help

MZinkphotographyMZinkphotography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 21, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
What is the best way to improve and promote my site I want to add the fact that I do Weddings, Portraits, Pet Photography and Sports Teams. My site is www.mzinkphotography.smugmug.com I am a newbie when it comes to this so I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks
Mike Zink

Comments

• Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    What is the best way to improve and promote my site I want to add the fact that I do Weddings, Portraits, Pet Photography and Sports Teams. My site is www.mzinkphotography.smugmug.com I am a newbie when it comes to this so I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks
    Mike Zink
    First off, you should try to avoid speaking in run-on sentences.

Second, post in another forum, like people photography, for critique on your photos, then once your photography improves, so will your business.

My 2 C.

P.S. 'Proof' looks unprofessional, and lots of your photos are lacking contrast. Please either make your own custom watermark, or have none at all, Im sure no one will steal your christmas images from your gallery.

2. Pay more attention to the technique and critiquing forums, I know you enjoy photography, but honestly, it looks like you need to apply more work on your technique, alot of your highlights are blown-out or overexposed, and a good number of your pictures are out of focus.

Please try to work on this, and then ask about website critique.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Hi Mike,

Promoting your website can be done in different ways.
    You can do 'online promoting', ie making sure that your site gets found through google and other search engines (see this thread). You can also see about actually promoting your site/business. Business cards, the games you shoot, etc. Get your name out as much as possible.

If you want to change the look of your site, the first thing to do is decide what you want it to look like. I wouldn't start changing anything until you know what you want it to be in the end. It makes it much easier to work towards something. If you need inspiration, have a look at other peoples sites. Most people have them linked in their signatures, and there is a collection of well done SmugMug sites, here.

After you know what you want it to look like, join us over at the customization support forum if you need help thumb.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Mike02 wrote:
    First off, you should try to avoid speaking in run-on sentences.

Second, post in another forum, like people photography, for critique on your photos, then once your photography improves, so will your business.

My 2 C.

P.S. 'Proof' looks unprofessional, and lots of your photos are lacking contrast. Please either make your own custom watermark, or have none at all, Im sure no one will steal your christmas images from your gallery.

2. Pay more attention to the technique and critiquing forums, I know you enjoy photography, but honestly, it looks like you need to apply more work on your technique, alot of your highlights are blown-out or overexposed, and a good number of your pictures are out of focus.

Please try to work on this, and then ask about website critique.
    Mike, I know you are trying to be helpful, but please read your post again and look at the tone of it. You have not answered any of the OP's questions, and instead you're putting him down, and being extremely negative. Critique can be good, but try to make it a little more positive, please. Thanks thumb.gif
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Mike, I know you are trying to be helpful, but please read your post again and look at the tone of it. You have not answered any of the OP's questions, and instead you're putting him down, and being extremely negative. Critique can be good, but try to make it a little more positive, please. Thanks thumb.gif
    Gotcha. Will do captain :P.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.