Options

A weekend in London....

esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited April 21, 2007 in Journeys
As some of you may have read from my other thread, I surprised my girlfriend with a weekend trip to London a few weekends ago. Neither of us had been there and we were just looking to hit the major sites. The weather was "good" for London with occasional drizzle and temps in the low 50's.

We started with St. Paul's Cathedral:

132634744-L.jpg

And we climbed to the top where you could view the Thames (sadly no photos allowed inside):

132635937-L.jpg

Then we were off to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge:

132638816-L.jpg

Then went to the HMS Belfast, which was a ship used in WWII and the Korean War. It is docked on the Thames and you can wander around inside. The fake "people" they have can really startle you.

132641484-L.jpg

To cap off the first night, we went to Tate Modern. The slides looked like a lot of fun:

132645694-L.jpg

Day 2 started with a trip to the British Museum. This is a must see for anyone in the vicinity of London. I imagine the collection of antiquities they have is unrivaled by any other museum in the world.

From the Parthenon:

132648443-L.jpg

The Courtyard:

132651298-L-1.jpg

The famous Underground:

132652009-L.jpg

We then saw Big Ben, Parliament and then off to Buckingham Palace (with me in front):

132654594-L.jpg

Finally to Paddington Station where we took a train to the airport for our flight home to NY:

132655388-L.jpg

All in all, it was a great way to blow about 1K :rofl When I save up to have some disposable income again, I would love to do another trip like this to Paris, Amsterdam, Rome or Iceland if the price is right.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 7, 2007
    Sounds like you two had a great time!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    Sounds like you two had a great time!
    Thanks Ian :)

Amazingly it seemed much longer than a weekend.
  • Options
    TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    132638816-L.jpg

If you look straight left from here, above the wall and across the street, you'd be staring at my company's UK office.

As you can imagine, I'm always eager to make the trip to that sattelite office. lol3.gif
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Excellent thread and what a great idea! $1000 isn't bad, you got a lot for your money, I'd day.

I really like this image. Wide angle rocks!

132634744-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    jcpjcp Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    Excellent photos here. I love the Underground shot!
  • Options
    BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    jolly ole england...
    Fabulous pics!! Did you see the "Hung, Drawn, and Quartered Pub" right across from the Tower of London?? I found it was a very fitting name to use in that particular area!!...:D
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    I really like the pics! Do you use the Sigma 10-20 as a walk around lens? I checked out your galleries and most are at much wider angles than I am used to - very cool perspective!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.