Options

Santa Cruz Sunset

bcoadbcoad Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited April 21, 2007 in Landscapes
Hello everyone,
Im new here and was looking around to see what other people had shot at Santa Cruz so I figure I would share one of my favorite beach shots and hopefully get some comments and critiques(only way to learn).

Comments

• Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    Hello, and welcome!
    Beautiful sunset shot. I may have added a little more contrast for more silhouette.
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2007
    thanks
    thanks so much for the advice. I think your probably right. Time to reshoot and try to get surfers this time, something more romantic about surfers coming in at night as opposed to boogie boarders
  • Options
    philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    bcoad wrote:
    thanks so much for the advice. I think your probably right. Time to reshoot and try to get surfers this time, something more romantic about surfers coming in at night as opposed to boogie boarders
    You should definitely re-shoot for the surfers but you could add the contrast to that shot just set you black point using curves.

I'm San Jose all the time but never make it all the way over the mountains. I get to Felton and stop at Henry Cowell. I can't resist the redwoods.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited April 20, 2007
    Nice sunset.

You can sometimes see me over at the Lane thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    I love the composition. It seemed very ordinary until I scrolled down and saw the entire picture. Nice work.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    gdad wrote:
    I love the composition. It seemed very ordinary until I scrolled down and saw the entire picture. Nice work.

I agree Jeff, there is something interesting about the interaction required to reveal the entire image! The other interesting read is the guy on the left appears to be carrying a brief caseheadscratch.gif actually only part of the image needs contrast!

Good imagethumb.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited April 20, 2007
    Until you said it, I would never have called b-case. Interesting.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2007
    briefcase
    I totally did not notice the resemblance to a briefcase until it was mentioned either. Thanks for all your input. Im gonna try and give the rocks a little more contrast and see how it looks. I will post it after I finish, and try to reduce the size so that the whole image can be seen on the monitor. Thanks again