Options

GE tube amp....Seals & Crofts live!

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited April 23, 2007 in Holy Macro
disclaimer: I can't take a non-people photograph to save my life...

at some old friends' house this weekend, they found this tube amp at a flea market. dusted off a few old albums and it felt like we were at Woodstock. That thing puts out the most amazing sound; way more ampitheatre-ish than the most expensive home theatre system these days.

Anyway, this shot will always remind me of that awesome night, thought I'd share!

145920073-L.jpg
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Cool shot Lynn, i'm totally oposite of you, i can't take people photography Laughing.gif. Oh well, we each got our own and hopefully be best at it.
    You got a nice piece from the Fleamarket, keeps memories alive! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    disclaimer: I can't take a non-people photograph to save my life...
    at some old friends' house this weekend, they found this tube amp at a flea market. dusted off a few old albums and it felt like we were at Woodstock. That thing puts out the most amazing sound; way more ampitheatre-ish than the most expensive home theatre system these days.
    Anyway, this shot will always remind me of that awesome night, thought I'd share!

I like that shot :D man the days of the ole vinyl records, I still got a heap of them, even my old Partridge Family and Donny Osmond LPS rolleyes1.gif
    Good shot clap.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I like that shot :D man the days of the ole vinyl records, I still got a heap of them, even my old Partridge Family and Donny Osmond LPS rolleyes1.gif
    Good shot clap.gif ... Skippy

thanks skippy and marina for looking! this particular amp/player had a "record saver" (?) CD-style vertical slot for 45s....kinda cool.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers