Options

Chester Bridge

Sydnie&AdisonSydnie&Adison Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited April 23, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
This is my first attempt at an IR shot. I used a Rebel XT with 50mm and Hoya R72 filter. ISO 100, SS 15 Seconds, Aperture f/13. Put it in Photoshop and ran noise filter, auto levels, channel mixer - reversed red and blue channels. I wish it wouldn't have been so windy and that there would have been clouds - but I will reshoot later. Interested in opinions of what I should do differently - any c & c is welcome. Thanks.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Very pretty shot! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    This is my first attempt at an IR shot. I used a Rebel XT with 50mm and Hoya R72 filter. ISO 100, SS 15 Seconds, Aperture f/13. Put it in Photoshop and ran noise filter, auto levels, channel mixer - reversed red and blue channels. I wish it wouldn't have been so windy and that there would have been clouds - but I will reshoot later. Interested in opinions of what I should do differently - any c & c is welcome. Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, the shot doesn't look like it's IR, there is too much colour in it.
    Sky would normally be Blue, water would normally be Blue, in winter trees would be bare and look brownish, and the white looks like snow ne_nau.gif

Only because you said it was an IR shot that I know it is.
    I'd like to see the same image in Black and White.

Shooting IR is a lot of fun, scenes just take on a whole new look.

Thanks for sharing Jeff, don't be put off by my comment, as it is my view only okay, what's import is that you like what you shoot and you have fun doing it thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin