Options

A walk in the Cotswolds

Steve1962Steve1962 Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited April 24, 2007 in Landscapes
Here are a few photos I took yesterday , on an early evening walk .......

145847357-O.jpg

145847138-O.jpg

145847097-O.jpg

145846686-O.jpg

145846413-O.jpg

145846304-O.jpg

145846199-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Those are beautiful photos. Where do you live. I like the old church. And what is that yellow stuff growing in the fields in the first photo?
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Love #4! I think it could do with a bit more contrast, IMO. How nice to have such lovely views within walking distance!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Steve1962Steve1962 Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Where I live
    JESTER wrote:
    Those are beautiful photos. Where do you live. I like the old church. And what is that yellow stuff growing in the fields in the first photo?

It's a secret .......ok ........... near Burford . The old church has quite a history ......
    The tiny 12th century church of St. Oswald's is almost all that remains of the lost village of Widford, Oxfordshire. In the 14th century there were thirteen houses, a mill, a manor house and farm buildings but it is thought that the Black Death caused the settlement to be abandoned. The church and graveyard are still beautifully kept and in regular use.

The church was built over the remains of a Roman villa and still retains some Roman paving in the chancel. On the walls there are some interesting 14th century murals, while the high-backed pews date from the 18th century.

, and it just gorgeous ...you can smell the history when you walk in .......

The yellow stuff is rape seed , now grown in vast amounts by farmers throughout the land , as it is more profitable than other cereals etc ........ plays havoc with hay fever sufferers though .

I also like to ride my bike around these roads ..........

http://media.putfile.com/Trundle

Steve