Options

copy a picture to another album?

HighLightPhotosHighLightPhotos Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited January 26, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I just came back to SM after about 2 months and was so happy to see the new additions.
Great job!!

Sorry if this is covered already, but is there anything in the plans for a feature to "copy" photos from an existing gallery to another gallery?

When we last discussed this, the answer was to upload the file twice!

It would be very useful and efficient if I could simply have a file I've already uploaded represented in more than one gallery. For example, I am thinking of having selected files from a protected gallery available without password protection in another gallery, or assembling a gallery with a particular theme (say a specific person or place) from shots existing in multiple galleries.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2004
    Hi,
    I just came back to SM after about 2 months and was so happy to see the new additions.
    Great job!!

Sorry if this is covered already, but is there anything in the plans for a feature to "copy" photos from an existing gallery to another gallery?

When we last discussed this, the answer was to upload the file twice!

It would be very useful and efficient if I could simply have a file I've already uploaded represented in more than one gallery. For example, I am thinking of having selected files from a protected gallery available without password protection in another gallery, or assembling a gallery with a particular theme (say a specific person or place) from shots existing in multiple galleries.

Any ideas?

A feature like this has been on the todo list for quite some time. Only problem is, it's not very easy.

We don't want to make actual copies, because that uses up too much disk space. So we'd really like to make "links" to the other image, but that opens up a whole new can of worms.

I think it's safe to say that we'll do it one day, but not in the next few weeks. Months at the very least.

Sorry, wish I had better news.

Don
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    I realize you wouldn't want to needlessly duplicate images. What I'd like to do is copy to a new gallery, actual copy, and then apply your bw conversion to the second gallery. That way I'd have a color and a bw gallery.

Lee
  • Options
    HighLightPhotosHighLightPhotos Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2005
    onethumb wrote:

...I think it's safe to say that we'll do it one day, but not in the next few weeks. Months at the very least....

Don
    Is *that day* getting nearer? :)