Options

Boat on a beach

MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
edited April 25, 2007 in Landscapes
Tweaked it a bit in PS. Just increased the saturation a wee bit, nothing too drastic.
Cheers,
Monte

Comments

• Options
    J KaceyJ Kacey Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Really like it! Good Job
  • Options
    bcoadbcoad Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    wonderful
    This is an incredible shot. The color of the boat matches perfectly with the water, great composition. I wonder what it would look like from different angles but cant really imagine any others making for a better photograph. Great Work! *edit* by angles I mean up and down not from another viewpoint side to side. Am I dumb and is there a better way to say that? lol
  • Options
    RazRaz Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    I think this is one of those "less is more" situations.

Very nicely done!

Raz
    "Each piece, or part, of the whole of nature is always merely an
    approximation to the complete truth..."

-- Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

My Galleries
  • Options
    Grizzle6Grizzle6 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Love the simplicity of this image. Nicely done.
    It's all ball bearings these days...

www.adambarkerphotography.com
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Did a longer exposure or tweaking in PS give you the 'painted' effect? Excellent use of a frame also. Quite impressive water - where is it located?thumb.gif

*edit* (after another look) perhaps the 'painted effect' is to remove markings on the boat?
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Did a longer exposure or tweaking in PS give you the 'painted' effect? Excellent use of a frame also. Quite impressive water - where is it located?thumb.gif

*edit* (after another look) perhaps the 'painted effect' is to remove markings on the boat?

I only increased saturation a little to give it more 'pop'. The markings on the boat are naturally like that. Perhaps a poor paint job!

This is on Kootenay Lake near Nelson, BC Canada.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Ahhh! Love this! Well seen...great capture...gorgeous colors! Should be hung on a wall!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ArnicaArnica Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    I love it ! It's simply elegant.
  • Options
    gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Very very nice, wish I had taken it!
    If I were going to print it big- and I would- I would clean up the foreground a little bit. There are a couple of dark areas- leaves or rocks, and a light hump of light sand in the foreground that I would cloan away. It makes the image even more simple and stronger. Just a nitpick, but I think it would help in a big print.
    Again, congradulations!
    Gary
    Gchappel