Options

building

nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited January 27, 2005 in Landscapes
I'm wondering if I should re-shoot later for the predominant colour challenge.....?

14839209-M.jpg

14839187-M.jpg

14839206-M.jpg
The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
Mark Oliver Everett

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    Nadi, If do you have the chance, reshoot in raw (if its available on your camera) Its much easier to adjust the colours using the WB adjusters on your S/W. Give me a shout if you need a hand!
    Also, reshoot it earlier, up to an hour after sunset would be good, there will be a less extreme range of light & you'll get more colour in the skies and be less likely to blow out the highlights
  • Options
    nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    Thanks Gubbs, appreciate the pointers. I was aware at the time that it wasn't the best time of day to shoot, but I was driving home at 2.30am when this caught my eye and I figured why not...?

I have had trouble working with RAW, just because I can't seem to open a file in RAW format using photoshop. Do you need a plug-in of some kind? I'm using PS 7, and its erm.... how should I put this? :uhoh ....not exactly an official version.... a friend acquired it and gave it to me.... so basically I'm not sure if any add-ons would work or if they might cause some major problems.....? Any help?
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    nadi wrote:
    Thanks Gubbs, appreciate the pointers. I was aware at the time that it wasn't the best time of day to shoot, but I was driving home at 2.30am when this caught my eye and I figured why not...?

I have had trouble working with RAW, just because I can't seem to open a file in RAW format using photoshop. Do you need a plug-in of some kind? I'm using PS 7, and its erm.... how should I put this? :uhoh ....not exactly an official version.... a friend acquired it and gave it to me.... so basically I'm not sure if any add-ons would work or if they might cause some major problems.....? Any help?
    You should have got some sort of S/W with your camera for processing RAW files, use it to make the adjustments and then convert to jpg for working in PS7. It's a little long winded but it'll work.
    I think raw processing was a chargeable plugin for PS7 whereas it was included with CS. My only advice, would be to get the official version.