Options

Gold Mining Trip

diggy415diggy415 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited April 28, 2007 in Journeys
Im in Nrthn calif and over 80 miles away a friend and I go to their families gold claim and work the river. My Rott Chance would be packing the gear and then would carry in his mouth a tool we needed as we worked seperate several feet apart, sometimes out of ears reach. We had a paper and pen in the pack and would write notes and figure out how each person is doing, when to take lunch and what tool were where. He was an awsome dog to have and always looking to help. He once grabbed my blk pan as i was walking away and nudged me with it, as i was going to leave it behind, he knew i needed it. Awsome dog and place to visit. We will be going again this year in Sept after a two years absence and all 3 dogs of ours passed away and now only look to OSO for protection. At least he carries a pack, i can carry stuff too i guess.

Here is the entrance to a stream that branches every which way, moss covered water to boot.
mine_enternace.jpg

the three Amegos Chance Sarge and Tuffy:
00eaf9b5.jpg

Chance looking over me at something that caught his attention as i was mining below
c22dac0b.jpg

The moutains that surround us:
38570ab4.jpg
Kodak Z650

Comments