Options

Photoshop

photostudent101photostudent101 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 27, 2005 in Technique
i am seriously considering getting photoshop, but am only a high school student and would have to do some massive fundraising to get it, i am pretty fluent with it at my school but want it at home also, just wondering how many of you have it, and if there are any alternatives that work well and are a cheaper.

thanks

you can also post about the pics i have i would like some critiques if possible thanks

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    i am seriously considering getting photoshop, but am only a high school student and would have to do some massive fundraising to get it, i am pretty fluent with it at my school but want it at home also, just wondering how many of you have it, and if there are any alternatives that work well and are a cheaper.

thanks

you can also post about the pics i have i would like some critiques if possible thanks
    Photoshop Elements 3 is a good cheap alternative with a lot of the functionality. BTW you do know that Adobe's student prices are heavily discounted.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    All you need is a copy of your high school ID to get these prices.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    All you need is a copy of your high school ID to get these prices.
    hmmm....my son's a student. i wonder if he wouldn't mind buying his dad some sw? rolleyes1.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2005
    fish wrote:
    hmmm....my son's a student. i wonder if he wouldn't mind buying his dad some sw? rolleyes1.gif

My son did. He uses it. So do I.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2005
    cmr164 wrote:
    Photoshop Elements 3 is a good cheap alternative with a lot of the functionality.

Oh yeah. Elements. Good call. Most everything you need, really.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    craigmancraigman Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    I have tried both. I am currently using Photoshop Elements 3 and I am satisfied with it. Sure, Photoshop CS does have some more features, but for me at least, Elements does everything I need. Plus, I wasn't smart enough to get one of my sons to buy it at the student discount.