Options

Trumpets

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited January 28, 2005 in People
I had the 'pleasure':rolleyes of attending my daughters school Performing Arts Evening. Her school is K - 9, and she is in grade 7. The jr. high stuff was wonderful, and maybe it is because I have been attending elementary concerts for 10 years, that I am a bit jaded, but I could have done without the chanting of nursery rhymes! But I digress......I took along the 20d with the 85mm on. I did not know what to expect for lighting, but luckily it was very good.
I have many to process - some look quite promising. Thought I'd share this one first:
14905372-M.jpg

The 85mm worked wonderfully. This one is has only been touched with a slight usm.

ann

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2005
    That's a great shot, Ann! The brass color is spot on. How long has she been playing?

EXIF please? (i don't feel so bad about asking, now that don has made it easy to grab a link...thanks onethumb!)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2005
    fish wrote:
    That's a great shot, Ann! The brass color is spot on. How long has she been playing?

EXIF please? (i don't feel so bad about asking, now that don has made it easy to grab a link...thanks onethumb!)
    Beginner trumpeter!

Thanks!
    Photograph Details14905372-Ti.jpgDate Taken:2005-01-27 09:12:51Date Digitized:2005-01-27 09:12:51Date Modified:2005-01-27 19:31:10Make:CanonModel: Canon EOS 20D Size: 3564x2396 Bytes: 1341192 Aperture: f/2.2 ISO: 800 Focal Length: 85mm (guess: 64mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.01s (1/100)Flash:Flash did not fire, compulsory flash modeExposure Program:ManualExposure Bias:0ExposureMode:1ColorSpace:sRGB
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    Ann
    Great photo

iso 800 wow no noise man I got to get a 20dclap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    Anne notice how she has her trumpet up higher than the others. clap.gif Very good most trumpet players slack and let it drop like the rest of them in the shot. I'm sure her instructer must be proud to have someone who actually knows the proper way to hold a trumpet.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    Great picture Anne thumb.gif
    Is that the 85mm 1.8 you've got??
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Great photo

iso 800 wow no noise man I got to get a 20dclap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
    Hi Fred -

Thanks, and yep, the 20d makes some mighty fine, clean images!

ann
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    Anne notice how she has her trumpet up higher than the others. clap.gif Very good most trumpet players slack and let it drop like the rest of them in the shot. I'm sure her instructer must be proud to have someone who actually knows the proper way to hold a trumpet.
    Yes, I noticed that. I actually think that had all the trumpets been at the same height, it would have made a real killer photo - diminishing dof.......

ann
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Great picture Anne thumb.gif
    Is that the 85mm 1.8 you've got??
    Thank you - yes, the 85mm f1.8 is my indoor soccer lens - I really like it, and if it weren't quite so long I'd probably always use it.

ann