Options

Going to Clearwater and Southern FL at the end of May

CalfeeRiderCalfeeRider Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
Hi all, I'm going on a business trip to Clearwater the week prior to Memorial Day. Any photo spots you'd care to pass along in the Clearwater area? I'm also going to extend the trip a for a few days and would like to go to the Everglades so any advice/suggestions of photo locations between Clearwater and/or around the Everglades would be great!

Thanks!
Jack

http://www.SplendorousSojourns.com

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Hey Jack wave.gif. Bump
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    I live in Clearwater. What are you interested in shooting? I'd be happy to make some recommendations if you can be more specific.

Wildlife/birds?

Beach scenes?

Architecture?

Urban?

Help me out here!
  • Options
    ArnicaArnica Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Go to Captiva/Sanibel Island for sunset shots ! Beautiful spot with shelling beaches and turquoise water.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    Hey Jack wave.gif. Bump

Ola, Nick! How's things going?
    Jack

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    I live in Clearwater. What are you interested in shooting? I'd be happy to make some recommendations if you can be more specific.

Wildlife/birds?

Beach scenes?

Architecture?

Urban?

Help me out here!

Hi Mitchell,

I'm mainly intersted in landscape/wildlife - although I could also add nude beaches to the list if you know of any. mwink.gif

My main question really involves shooting in the Everglades since it's such a large area. Are there any particular places that are better than others for photographing (safely) gators, birds? If it's avoidable, I'd rather not hit only the "tourist" spots - unless those really are the best. ne_nau.gif

Also, anything between Clearwater and the Everglades for sunrise/sunsets, (palm trees, rock formations) tide pools for sea-life and old churches/missions are also a always good. I'll have about 3 days (thu noon 'til Sun 2pm) to wander around.

Thanks!
    Jack
    Jack

• Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    Arnica wrote:
    Go to Captiva/Sanibel Island for sunset shots ! Beautiful spot with shelling beaches and turquoise water.

Sounds great! Thanks! I'll make sure to look into it!
    Jack

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2007
    Ola, Nick! How's things going?
    Hey Jack, I'm doing pretty good. You could check out Cape Coral for Burrowing Owls. Cute little guys. It is 30 minutes or less north of Sanibel. There is Ding Darling on Sanibel that is pretty popular for wildlife, but I have never been there so I have no personal knowledge of it. Let me know if you want more info on the owls.

131539389-M.jpg
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto