Options

What now?

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited May 3, 2007 in Weddings
So I deliver the photos to my nurse from my recent engagement shoot. She and her fiance LOVE them. I'm all happy and proud. Now three of her friends want similar shoots.

Her favorite...

145419076-M.jpg

Now I did this as a gift to my nurse. What do I charge these people for something like this?? Two hours shooting at the beach and 2 hours of pp. I only know what to charge for a tonsillectomy!

Comments

• Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    So I deliver the photos to my nurse from my recent engagement shoot. She and her fiance LOVE them. I'm all happy and proud. Now three of her friends want similar shoots.

Her favorite...

Now I did this as a gift to my nurse. What do I charge these people for something like this?? Two hours shooting at the beach and 2 hours of pp. I only know what to charge for a tonsillectomy!

I charge $35.00 sitting fee and $4.00 for 4x6's; $7.00 for 5x7's $10.00 for 8x10...and of course if they want larger...then I definately go and find out what the going price is.

Remember you're the one with the nice camera and the clear shot; don't be afraid to name your price.

P.S. What does a tonsillectomy cost these daysne_nau.gif Just kidding...no need to answer that.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    I charge $35.00 sitting fee and $4.00 for 4x6's; $7.00 for 5x7's $10.00 for 8x10...and of course if they want larger...then I definately go and find out what the going price is.

Remember you're the one with the nice camera and the clear shot; don't be afraid to name your price.

P.S. What does a tonsillectomy cost these daysne_nau.gif Just kidding...no need to answer that.
    You should charge what your time is worth, not what others think their time is worth. Make sure you are charging enough to make a profit you are comfortable with. It can be confusing and you may think you are charging too much but stick to your guns. Your work is good, don't lowball yourself.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Well of course...charge what you think is right.
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Keep in mind you are probably worth more than you think -
    and your work is excellent, consistently.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Seneca wrote:

I think your prices are way too low. You do quality work which should command much higher prices.

If I do any more of these beach shoots, I'm charging at least $300. I will make them some prints for this price as well.

Tonsillectomy only pays me about $270. Can you believe that?