Options

Light optimism

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited May 4, 2007 in People
There is Light at the end of the tunnel
Here is a simple, symbolic photograph of hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel as this man can clearly see.

Click on the link or the photo above to see a bigger image and EXIF.

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    This is a nice photo, Ted. I really like the lighting. Only suggestion to improve it would be to put the guy off center-- maybe more to the right of the photo. But the location looks like it has lots of potential! :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Beautiful! I agree - cropping off the right side would dramatically improve an already wonderful shot!

I bet it looks great in B&W, too!
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2007
    Thanks Pete, I've noticed him too late to have him further to the right. The location is quite interesting but now with winter the darkness sets in well before I can get there after work - it's dark at 5:30pm.

dogwood wrote:
    This is a nice photo, Ted. I really like the lighting. Only suggestion to improve it would be to put the guy off center-- maybe more to the right of the photo. But the location looks like it has lots of potential! :D
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2007
    I've looked at tighter crop, but then the balance of darkness on the right and light to the left is diminished and it becomes light everywhere instead of at the end of the tunnel.
    Beautiful! I agree - cropping off the right side would dramatically improve an already wonderful shot!

I bet it looks great in B&W, too!
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Thanks Pete, I've noticed him too late to have him further to the right. The location is quite interesting but now with winter the darkness sets in well before I can get there after work - it's dark at 5:30pm.

Yeah, I understand completely. Sometimes it's better to get the shot in focus rather than screwing around changing your focal point to change the composition-- and taking a chance of missing the shot.

It's going into summer here in North American (stays light until 8:30 p.m.) but you wouldn't know it from where I live (Oregon). Heavy, heavy rain, hail, thunder storms, lighting-- just about every day this week! Feels like winter again.

Shhhh... don't tell Truth... but the more I see of your work, Ted, the more I get what you're trying to do with the street shots. It's cool to not only see shots from Sydney, but also to see the variety of images you're capturing. Thanks for sharing all of these!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+