Options

my first try at fraternity composites

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited May 6, 2007 in People
These are pictures I took of my fraternity, sigma alpha mu (the sammys) in order to save money. Paying for composites can cost over $900! I even made the background myself with some muslin and blue dye.
i know the framing isnt exactly right on everyone etc, and that one of them has a bad shadow, but im retaking that one tomorrow.
go easy on me, its my first time doing portrait photography ever
thanks for looking!
theo
149522211-M.jpg
149522315-M.jpg
149522346-M.jpg
149522431-M.jpg
149522404-M.jpg
and biggie, the frat dog
150574605-M.jpg
for all the rest, go HERE

Comments

• Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Nice job on the guy with the glasses. There is no glare at all. Are you using just one light. If so, you might want to add a reflector low, bouncing light up and opposite of your light to fill in the bags under the eyes and the shadows of the eye sockets a bit more.

I was in Sigma Alpha Epsilon myself. We had no Sammy's at our school, but those I knew from other schools were great guys. Make sure the House accountant credits you for your work just as he would the Kitchen crew. You ought to at least get free dues for a few months.
  • Options
    p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    im using 3 lights, 2 on either side, one behind the person, and an sb-600 flash. good idea on the diffuser, i might try that on the others i have to take today.

thanks for the comments!

theo