Options

The Bride

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited May 8, 2007 in Weddings
Hello,

This will be my first post! Im surprised there's no "General Discussion" board here :)

Anyway, this photo was taken last Sunday.

487536641_91530cd1e2.jpg487524518_96446dfe8d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    krisbphotokrisbphoto Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    I recognize the first image from a post that I saw yesterday. I'm not sure if it was on here or FM.

You might try adjusting the white balance in the first photo to get rid of that green tint. The composition's not bad, and there's a nice catchlight in her eyes.

The second photo suffers from a messy background, but the color is much better. You might try a tighter crop (but unfortantely that would eliminate the flowers; maybe take away from the overall effect) to put more focus on the subject. It also looks kind of noisy in the shadowed area to the left. You might run some noise reduction in Photoshop (or whatever software you're using.

Regardless of any technical aspects, I'm sure that the bride is extremely pleased with the photos and will cherish them forever! Keep up the good work! :D
    Chris Brinlee, Jr.
    1st Year SCAD Student
    Canon 20D w/ BG-E2
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    580EX Speedlite
    (2) AB800

KrisB Photography
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    krisbphoto wrote:
    I recognize the first image from a post that I saw yesterday. I'm not sure if it was on here or FM.

You might try adjusting the white balance in the first photo to get rid of that green tint. The composition's not bad, and there's a nice catchlight in her eyes.

The second photo suffers from a messy background, but the color is much better. You might try a tighter crop (but unfortantely that would eliminate the flowers; maybe take away from the overall effect) to put more focus on the subject. It also looks kind of noisy in the shadowed area to the left. You might run some noise reduction in Photoshop (or whatever software you're using.

Regardless of any technical aspects, I'm sure that the bride is extremely pleased with the photos and will cherish them forever! Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks for the critique! What do you suggest I do about the background on the 2nd image? should I just take the background out? Or maybe just blur it more?
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    The first one is well exposed and nice composition. White balance is a bit warm and, like krisbphoto mentioned, might be touch green.

The second is under-exposed and white balance is way too cool. The under-exposure is probably the primary source of the noise mentioned by krisbphoto.

Finally, technical issues aside, these are good and I'm sure the bride will be thrilled.
  • Options
    krisbphotokrisbphoto Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    What do you suggest I do about the background on the 2nd image?

I would recommend a tight crop close to her face. You could try to blur out the background more, but I'm not sure how effective it will be due to the size and "busyness."
    Chris Brinlee, Jr.
    1st Year SCAD Student
    Canon 20D w/ BG-E2
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    580EX Speedlite
    (2) AB800

KrisB Photography