Options

A few from a Senior shoot

kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited May 9, 2007 in People
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here but just thought I would share a few from my first 'paid' senior shoot. One thing I've learned is that I *seriously* need help on posing my 'subjects'. :rolleyes Ah well, I guess that comes with time... right? :D CC welcome as always!

150883887-M.jpg

150883756-L.jpg

150883838-M.jpg

150883818-L.jpg

150885339-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! ~Lovie

Comments

• Options
    kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    Number 2 is great! The sun spot/flare in #1 bother me.

The others are very nice too.:D

Gene
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    Looks as if you did a pretty good job. She had a few clothes changes, could've used a couple of props. I imagine the only apparent flaw is the flare on Number 1. She must have been happy. bsvirginian
    Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here but just thought I would share a few from my first 'paid' senior shoot. One thing I've learned is that I *seriously* need help on posing my 'subjects'. rolleyes1.gif Ah well, I guess that comes with time... right? :D CC welcome as always!

150883887-M.jpg

150883756-L.jpg

150883838-M.jpg

150883818-L.jpg

150885339-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! ~Lovie
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Hi Lovie,

you mention you might have had a little difficulty directing your model, but I think in terms of shots (the final product) you did great.

If I was this girl, I would be really happy with the pictures you've taken. She's a really pretty girl and you make her look good on the photos, which does it for me. :)

One very minor nit, if you allow me to mention it, is the fact that on the last shot, you appear to have photographed her from a slightly higher position than she was, and I think that emphasizes her chin in a way that's slightly less flattering than shooting her straight-on, due to the shape of her face. Please note the word *slightly*. It doesn't really make that much of a difference, and it may well be only my opinion or taste and nothing else. :)

Overall, the B&W shots are my fave, I think they're really good! Oh, and I don't really care about the flare spot, it doesn't bother me really! :D

Congrats on your great job!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Can we see no. 2 in colour?
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Very good. I agree...try and see if you can get that spot flare out of the picture...it's very distracting.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I think these are great and I can only assume she's thrilled with these photos. The flare in #1 doesn't bother me, as it really acceentuates the sunlight that makes the shot so warm and down-home.
  • Options
    krisbphotokrisbphoto Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Nice use of the sun as a kicker/ hair light. These look really great!

I'm just getting into studio work. Fortunately my friends are volunteering to model, but I'm having problems with posing too...
    Chris Brinlee, Jr.
    1st Year SCAD Student
    Canon 20D w/ BG-E2
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    580EX Speedlite
    (2) AB800

KrisB Photography
  • Options
    kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys, sorry I'm a little late to responding. We had a family emergency yesterday afternoon and everything has been a blur since.

Thanks for the critiques!