Options

FOUND: Canon 1D MK II gently used

nianysnianys Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited May 9, 2007 in House of Canon
Looking for an excellent condition 1D Mk II up to $1900.
I am in France. I need it shipped using USPS Global Express and marked as "Gift" for Customs purposes. I have a flawless nearly 200 feedback rating on ebay under ID "nianys", and have bought twice on the FM Buy&Sell forum under that same name.
I pay via Paypal.
I'd like a body that has 10 to 15K actuations top, if possible in original packaging, in all cases with accessories. Extra batteries would be a plus.
I'm a serious buyer, please don't hesitate to check my ebay feedback, it says it all.
Hoping to hear from a 1D Mk II owner looking for a smooth deal

Claire:clap

Comments

• Options
    KazmanKazman Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2007
    nianys wrote:
    Looking for an excellent condition 1D Mk II up to $1900.
    I am in France. I need it shipped using USPS Global Express and marked as "Gift" for Customs purposes. I have a flawless nearly 200 feedback rating on ebay under ID "nianys", and have bought twice on the FM Buy&Sell forum under that same name.
    I pay via Paypal.
    I'd like a body that has 10 to 15K actuations top, if possible in original packaging, in all cases with accessories. Extra batteries would be a plus.
    I'm a serious buyer, please don't hesitate to check my ebay feedback, it says it all.
    Hoping to hear from a 1D Mk II owner looking for a smooth deal

Claireclap.gif

Not to be rude but I think your expecting a bit much for 1900 in the current market, I just sold my 1Dmark2 on FM in the condition you described for 2300 and it sold in no time at all. Maybe someone would have a camera with no charger or acc for that kind of money.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2007
    Kazman wrote:
    Not to be rude but I think your expecting a bit much for 1900 in the current market, I just sold my 1Dmark2 on FM in the condition you described for 2300 and it sold in no time at all. Maybe someone would have a camera with no charger or acc for that kind of money.

Sure, I understand, I am willing to pay slightly higher depending on condition. I just noticed a pretty real price drop on ebay since the Mk III was announced. Still willing, please Mk II owners, get in touch.
    Thanks !

Claire
  • Options
    z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    You want to use Paypal and $2000+ camera to be shipped as a gift ????
    It's against very basic PayPal's security policy.
    Good Luck anyway :D
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 3, 2007
    z_28 wrote:
    You want to use Paypal and $2000+ camera to be shipped as a gift ????
    It's against very basic PayPal's security policy.
    Good Luck anyway :D
    what you write on the customs form has nothing to do with paypal transaction. You are protected via paypal as long as the addresses match.

don't discourage international sales, we have a good thing going here.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    what you write on the customs form has nothing to do with paypal transaction. You are protected via paypal as long as the addresses match.

Thanks for the support mwink.gif

I do a LOT of buying from the US (mostly via eBay and some FM Buy&Sell forum) and it's a real job to get US sellers to deal internationally, but I *never* had a problem in 5 years, and litterally dozens of lenses/cameras bought and shipped. Worst thing that happened is that I was less than thrilled with quality of item bought (nothing to do with the seller) or a few specks of dust in a lens or on a sensor...
    I have determined the best/cheapest/safest procedure for this. Marking Gift on Custom tag (without lowering actual value) has good chances to avoid Customs rip-off charges. Once in a while I get charged anyway, I play the game.
    My feedback is numerous and flawless and I am confident I'll eventually be able to get a good Mk II from the US, either from ebay or here. THe Mk III will start shipping within two weeks and Mk II's are gonna flood used boards, I can wait that much :D
    PLease don't hesitate getting in touch for a fast, smotth transaction.
    Claire
  • Options
    z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:

I'm member of PayPal since they started and they paid for transfers instead of customers :D and I'm eBay member since eBay was totally free.

It's not looking that funny and safe as you guys think.
    By famous PayPal's charge back A LOT of people lost really big money during PayPal times.
    Just be prepared.

P.S. sending package marked as $2000 gift and fully insured to same $2000 don't change Your Luck at Customs.
    It's still same luck - better got it :ivar

P.S.2 good sshhhh! is priceles !
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 4, 2007
    Just be prepared.
    Z, everyone is entitled to an opinion... but this thread is not about them.

Claire, you have the floor, hope you find what you are looking for. Everyone else, including me, sshhhh! :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Found it !
    Grabbed a deal from a terrific seller off ebay.com
    thanks !

Claire