Options

Nathan

ThinkingManThinkingMan Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 9, 2007 in People
So again I'm really lovin my 24-70 f/2.8L not to mention the awesome spring weather. Suckered my friend Nate into modeling although he was a bit uncomfortable in front of the camera and as time went on his allergies started to get the best of him. Regardless, here's the best of the set for some C&C action. Thanks:
IMG_4882.JPG
IMG_4890.JPG
IMG_4910.jpg
IMG_4919.jpg
IMG_4926.jpg
IMG_4929.jpg
IMG_4932.jpg
IMG_4938.jpg

Thanks again
-TM

Comments

• Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I think your poses are great...I find the pictures to be a little soft/blurry around the face. Could be my 42 year olds eyes...who knows. Nonetheless, my only advice to you is shoot RAW when shooting portraits. This will allow you to adjust the WB when you are editing during PP.

Good job buddy!clap.gif
  • Options
    kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I agree, neat poses and beautiful color. Although, I did notice #4, 6, and 8 are out of focus a little(or just look soft). Good job though, I'd love to see more.thumb.gif
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    So again I'm really lovin my 24-70 f/2.8L not to mention the awesome spring weather.

The 24-70 f/2.8L is a sweet lens. I just got mine last week so I haven't shot a lot with it, but you've inspired me to get out there and get some shots.

This is a great set! I really like the colors. I do agree that some of the shots are a little soft.

The only pose I'm not fond of is #4...uh, too much crotch for my liking, but all the other poses work for me.

Really nice work and I'd like to see more.thumb.gif
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Your pics look great!! The only one I am not a huge fan of is #4 but I think you did a great job.
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    ThinkingManThinkingMan Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I noticed some of them are a bit OOF too, I think the issue is more "user error" than anything else as many other shots from this setup are tack sharp.

I think the curse is that I would half-press the shutter to focus on Nate and talk to him for a while to get him to relax and then snap the shot. In that "while" he must have moved slightly. As for #4 (the infamous crotch shot), well he was swinging, so not much I could do there.

Maybe I'll try AI Servo next time....