Options

3 different ones

Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
edited May 9, 2007 in People
Hi folks!

Here are the last three people shots that I've really enjoyed making, and they're quite a bit different from each other! Let's take a look:

#1, my father & mister Walter at the woodworking shop
485125071_4293a50d71_o.jpg

On this shot I like the way I captured them working and the atmosphere & light that comes into the shop. So contrast & sat up to enhance that. I also like the fact it's a shot with my normal lens that doesn't completely suck in terms of composition.

#2, photographer friend by the lake
479387676_4f1ead6efa_o.jpg

Regarding this one, I like the fact it's more of a landscape shot than an ordinary people shot, the low contrast and subdued tones that more or less matched those I remember from the scene, and, last but not least, it's a shot of a photographer. :D

#3, granny at the kitchen sink
479323926_428be5aa91_o.jpg

This was shot on film with a 1956~57 camera. It was (badly) scanned from a 4x6 print. Oh, and it's misfocused and has huge blown areas. Nonetheless, there's something about this picture that I find quite intriguing. And the fact she's at the kitchen sink preparing a meal, that makes for a quite good memory of her.

So I guess that's it folks: my three last people shots. Three completely different types of picture. That more or less illustrates my shooting as of lately: a mixed bag really.

Hope there's something in it you might find enjoyable!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Take care!

-- thiago

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I like the light in the first one and I can understand why the last one is special to you, regardless of the imperfections. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Thanks so much for you kind comment, Elaine!

You're absolutely right: light inside the shop looks so good! But unfortunately it's very hard to avoid the windows and doors in a composition with a normal to wide lens, so that means blown areas inevitably.

Regarding the last shot, not only it has sentimental value, I think it kinda looks cool too, I dunno! :D

Thanks again for stopping by!
    Take care!

-- thiago