Options

Disneyland, CA

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited May 10, 2007 in Landscapes
Finally revisited with two other shooters to just shoot and not to ride the rides. :)

1. The castle
150097532-M.jpg

2. From behind
150097553-M.jpg

3. Thunder Mountine
150097365-M.jpg

4. Minnie
150097544-M.jpg

5. Dumbo flying by
150097569-M.jpg

6. typical enterence shot.
150097469-M.jpg

7. Toontown on acid, not photoshpped effect.
150097374-M.jpg

8. Pirates
150097605-M.jpg

Whole gallery here
http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/2809395/1/150097469#P-1-15
c/c welcome.

Comments

• Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    I like your perspectives. I need to visit Disney here in Florida at a time when it's not too crowded and try to get some unique shots like these. Only not just like these....'cause then they wouldn't be that unique, would they? mwink.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2007
    You know, I went yesterday and early it wasn't too bad, considering it was on a Sat.

I'd say just incorporate the crowd into the shots or get close up so you don't have folks walking by, e.g. detail close up typoe of stuff.

Thnanks for looking.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Got to love this park. It's been a while since i visited one here in FL. It wasn't even a Disney, i don't go there, i like other park tho. Love your shots, it's trully magical place.
    Jen, we should make a trip, after the BG, that is Laughing.gif.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2007
    Marine, let me know any time you want to get together! My summer will be crazy busy but fall/winter is perfect. thumb.gif
    Jen

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Tom,

Very nice set!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,192 moderator
    edited May 6, 2007
    Toon Town and Thunder Mountain shots... clap.gifthumb.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ArnicaArnica Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Exellent photos !
    Great motion, beautiful colour and idea, of course. :)
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif The parks are such great places to take photos. Lots of color.

Jen and Marina.....I can't help you with Disney but if you want to spend a day at the UNIVERSAL parks just let me know. thumb.gif Just let me know a little in advance so I can save you a ticket each.
  • Options
    MikkoMikko Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    These are nice.

great shots!!!!!!!! I really like the way you captured the motion with Thunder Mountain. I also like the way you introduced motion on the photo with toon town in the back ground. The Mini Mouse photo is also very good.

MIK
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2007
    JESTER wrote:

Jen and Marina.....I can't help you with Disney but if you want to spend a day at the UNIVERSAL parks just let me know. thumb.gif Just let me know a little in advance so I can save you a ticket each.
    Can you arrange a few free tickets to Universal in Hollywood, CA???
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2007
    Mikko wrote:
    These are nice.

great shots!!!!!!!! I really like the way you captured the motion with Thunder Mountain. I also like the way you introduced motion on the photo with toon town in the back ground. The Mini Mouse photo is also very good.

MIK

Thanks, I hate flat shots so with Thunder mountain, I panned the train at about 1/30 of a second. With the toon town, it's just cheap zoom lens trick to pick a slow shutter speed of about 1/15 in Tv mode and zoom forward as you take the shot. The center stays in focus relatively. That's why most of my shots are a bit tilted as well. :)

Minnie was shot with a cheap old lensbaby, a good trick lens. I force myself to use it once in a while.
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2007
    JESTER wrote:

Ohhh, i know as FL residents we'll get 10% discount. What do you have? Do you know "people" ? rolleyes1.gifI love Universal, but my favorite is Island of Adventures. Yep!! The rides are killers!! iloveyou.gif Me and Jen trying to make it to Busch Gardens first for some wildlife shooting. I just can't see dragging through the FL heat eek7.gif October sounds like a very nice time to go. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I never like the images I get at Disneyland except a few of my family. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am always shooting the fake landscapesrolleyes1.gifrofl

These are great, especially dumbothumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    I never like the images I get at Disneyland except a few of my family. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am always shooting the fake landscapesrolleyes1.gifrofl

These are great, especially dumbothumb.gifthumb

Personally, I didn't approach Disneyland from a landscapist point of view, if such a thing exists. I approached it more like cityscapes/street shooting. Otherwise, the constant crowd would probably annoy me to no end.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Tee Why wrote:
    Personally, I didn't approach Disneyland from a landscapist point of view, if such a thing exists. I approached it more like cityscapes/street shooting. Otherwise, the constant crowd would probably annoy me to no end.

Yabbut, you don't make yer living shooting landscapes, as Marc does. So you don't have to stop thinking like one, if you get my meaning.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    gotta stop thinking about your work when you're on a vacation.:D
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Sorry Tee..Universal Hollywood is a different animal from Orlando. It is like being on two different planets. But let me know if you ever come to Orlando.

Marina....I have worked at Universal for 8 years so yes I do have a few connections:D . We get a few comp tickets every quarter. They go fast but I will save you and Jen one each (2 park-1 day) for October if you will let me know what days you are coming.headscratch.gif

If you haven't been there Sea World is a wonderful place to take photos also. I have season tickets to that place. I love the animals.
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Wonderful series!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Tee Why wrote:
    Finally revisited with two other shooters to just shoot and not to ride the rides. :)

1. The castle
    2. From behind
    3. Thunder Mountine
    4. Minnie
    5. Dumbo flying by
    6. typical enterence shot.
    7. Toontown on acid, not photoshpped effect.
    8. Pirates
    Whole gallery here
    http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/2809395/1/150097469#P-1-15
    c/c welcome.

October I'm there with Bells on :ivar clap.gifwings.gif I love that place iloveyou.gif .
    Got a few days at Disneyland just before heading back to Australia after the Dgrin Shoot Out, can't wait :D

Thanks for posting, I'm a sucker for all things Disney thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    This is a really great set of shots. If I could shoot interesting shots like this I wouldn't bore every one with my vacation photos. You've inspired me to try something other than the standard me-and-kids-with-fake-smile-posing-with-goofy shot. :D
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    If I get one person to go out and shoot, then I think I've done my civic duty for the week.
    :)
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Jester - I work at SeaWorld :D ...so I can get into US and IOA for free with my ID card. You should keep an eye out for me next time you're visiting my place. :D

Marina - if you seriously want to go to Busch Gardens in the fall with me, just let me know... I'll hook ya up. thumb.gif
    Jen

• Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    JenW wrote:
    Jester - I work at SeaWorld :D ...so I can get into US and IOA for free with my ID card. You should keep an eye out for me next time you're visiting my place. :D

Marina - if you seriously want to go to Busch Gardens in the fall with me, just let me know... I'll hook ya up. thumb.gif

You get discount at BG too? Kewl!! I'd probably gonna go earlier then fall, i have to attend wedding for my sister in june, but after that, i can make it anytime, i hope no Hurricanes will be heading our way. eek7.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    Kory LidstromKory Lidstrom Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Wow, these are pretty darn impressive. I clicked on this expecting to see shots of the same ol' things we've all seen many times before. It's not easy to get original, engaging shots in "pre-packaged" places like Disney World, IMO. But, you did a bang up job of it.

Your choices of composition and conversion (B&W vs. color) are very good and your focus is sharp as a tack. Your post processing is great, too.

Very well done! clap.gif
    I see the world through a 3:2 rectangle.

My site:Fine Image Photography
  • Options
    cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Excellent shot on Pirates. I'm amazed you pulled that out of your camera. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Lot of great shots there! Brings back a lot of memories for me, but please oh please oh please tell me my eyes are tricking me on this one from your gallery:

150097611-S.jpg

They didn't really go in and wreck the pirates just to theme it into the movie with a Johnny Depp connection? did they? eek7.gif
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    cabbey wrote:
    Lot of great shots there! Brings back a lot of memories for me, but please oh please oh please tell me my eyes are tricking me on this one from your gallery:

150097611-S.jpg

They didn't really go in and wreck the pirates just to theme it into the movie with a Johnny Depp connection? did they? eek7.gif

Unfortunately, a dummy of him is in just about every scene and he is in the last scene, this one, talking away. Yup, it's turned into more of a "where's Johnny Depp?" ride.
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Tee Why wrote:
    Unfortunately, a dummy of him is in just about every scene and he is in the last scene, this one, talking away. Yup, it's turned into more of a "where's Johnny Depp?" ride.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

I'll just go add myself to the (long) list of folks for whom Disney has now ruined my childhood memories. (Go ahead and tell me they've taken down the Matterhorn too... make it complete.)
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    Excellent shot on Pirates. I'm amazed you pulled that out of your camera. rolleyes1.gif

Actually, I didn't post all the ones that were ok, b/c I didn't think they added much.