Options

BW Medium Format Landscapes

illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited May 10, 2007 in Landscapes
It's been a while since I posted on Dgrin, been really busy lately, but I recently sold my digital equipment and purchased a Hasselblad 500cm, best camera I have yet owned. These are some of the first photos out of it. Feel free to look at my site, I have updated lots of stuff since my last posts on here.

Cheers, Marko

wildclouds6RS.jpg

wildclouds2RS.jpg
~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Congrats on the upgrade! You've got a good eye for photography Marko. I always enjoys checking your shots.

I see where you are going w/ these. Just not my style.

-Jon
  • Options
    judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    It's been a while since I posted on Dgrin, been really busy lately, but I recently sold my digital equipment and purchased a Hasselblad 500cm, best camera I have yet owned. These are some of the first photos out of it. Feel free to look at my site, I have updated lots of stuff since my last posts on here.

Cheers, Marko

COngrats Marko for your huge and bold jump into medium format! I'm no landscape fan but always enjoys your previous shots. What about development and printing? Did you set up a darkroom? What film are you using? Just curios (as I'm still a fellow film shooter).

Cheers.

J.
    Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Congrats on the new camera...I would have hard time doing that here.

Checked out your galleries love the landscapes and the action photos.

Keep up the good work

Fred
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Hey Marco, not too many folks go back to film. Besides the square format and the smell of Dektol in the morning, what is it that drove you?
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Hey Marco, not too many folks go back to film. Besides the square format and the smell of Dektol in the morning, what is it that drove you?

Well I have owned multiple digital slrs at a very young age, started shooting with a D60 when I was 15 an have owned a few bodies and L lenses and other digital accessories that I adored. I always felt there was so much more out there in photography to learn and being stagnant with one type of area of photography would not allow me to fully experience photography.

I always experienced more excitement with film then digital photography, I'm a person who loves surprises and getting a roll of film back is one of the best feelings for me and the quality and tone of MF is something that digital photography in my "opinion" will never ever be able to replace.

• Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    judah wrote:
    COngrats Marko for your huge and bold jump into medium format! I'm no landscape fan but always enjoys your previous shots. What about development and printing? Did you set up a darkroom? What film are you using? Just curios (as I'm still a fellow film shooter).

Cheers.

J.

Actually I dont have an access to a darkroom at the moment but I am looking to build one soon. I get my film developed at Tempe Camera, probably one of the best camera stores and labs in AZ. These shots were taken with a roll of ilford pan f plus 50 pushed 1 stop. I also use this film with my 35mm and love it.

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited May 9, 2007
    Then I prolly shouldn't tell you what I was looking for yesterday...

Marko, these are cool. I'm glad to see you experience film.

Could you take us through your work flow? Especially what you're doing
    after the developing process.

Thanks,
    Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Well I have owned multiple digital slrs at a very young age, started shooting with a D60 when I was 15 an have owned a few bodies and L lenses and other digital accessories that I adored. I always felt there was so much more out there in photography to learn and being stagnant with one type of area of photography would not allow me to fully experience photography.

I always experienced more excitement with film then digital photography, I'm a person who loves surprises and getting a roll of film back is one of the best feelings for me and the quality and tone of MF is something that digital photography in my "opinion" will never ever be able to replace.

As they say "its greener on the other side". Actually, I would not trade what I learned in the dark room for anything. All of my expectations for digital came from the analog process, and a few have not been realized yet. One being the glory and splendor of viewing a 8x10 sheet of color transparency on a light table. WOW was that coolwings.gif I'm sure you will enjoydeal.gif
  • Options
    judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Actually I dont have an access to a darkroom at the moment but I am looking to build one soon. I get my film developed at Tempe Camera, probably one of the best camera stores and labs in AZ. These shots were taken with a roll of ilford pan f plus 50 pushed 1 stop. I also use this film with my 35mm and love it.

Congrats again. I think you'll be even happier as soon as you'll have a darkroom. I'm finally resetting up mine (along with a friend who is willing to learn photography) and I got 12 rolls to develop. The most incredible thing is how cheap you can buy things off Ebay for "old" film photography. I bought my camera, a backup body, 4 lenses, an enlarger, paper, tank, chemicals and about 50 films for less than what I payed for a new Nikon D50 with 50/1.8.

J.
    Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/