Options

Was there once a critique forum here?

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited January 30, 2005 in The Big Picture
Or was that somewhere else?
Any interest in one? I am wanting to push, and wanting to learn lighting. This seems like both a knowledgable and friendly place to test the waters.....

ann

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Any interest in one? I am wanting to push, and wanting to learn lighting. This seems like both a knowledgable and friendly place to test the waters.....

ann

any of the "shots" forums are perfect for critique. what will help is to title your post, "critique please!" and also inside your post, request brutal honesty....
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:

ann

I thought all the shot forums are open to critique--just make it plain what you're looking for in feedback, and you should get it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    Critiqueing
    Ann McRae wrote:

ann
    Well I am not a english teacher by any means but I would say you did ok. You should work on composition.

rolleyes1.gif HEHE just had to do it!
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    I thought all the shot forums are open to critique--just make it plain what you're looking for in feedback, and you should get it.
    Yep, all you have to do is dis a n00bie, and the terror rains down upon thee.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    andy wrote:
    any of the "shots" forums are perfect for critique. what will help is to title your post, "critique please!" and also inside your post, request brutal honesty....
    I almost titled a post last week, "compliments wanted".

g

I want someone to answer my posts, but most people know I bristle. Harry and I,we just trade the nice stuff.

And I did take your advice and shot most of my egrets during the day at -1, after I bristled a bit, but it was helpful. I did at least 2/3 at -1, then tried -2/3 just to check and -1 was much better. So thank you, Andy, but I bristle.

Maybe I should title my posts, "gentle helpful critiques wanted".
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Yep, all you have to do is dis a n00bie, and the terror rains down upon thee.

Truth hurts, eh Fish?

Seriously, we have a lot of fun here, and are always willing to criticize. Just let us know what you want. Sometimes people just want to share shots of sentimental value, and aren't interested in a photo critique, other times all they want is for the shot to be torn apart so they can learn from it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops