Options

I have been to Paris!

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited May 11, 2007 in Journeys
151061704-L.jpg

and loved every minute of it...
I am writing up about it on my blog.
Feedback as always welcome, and I hope that you don't mind that I use my blog instead of the D-grin travel thread...

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    i took a peek in you blog and i liked it a lot! really nice touch with the framing. it goes well with the statues and the sort. i've been to paris a gazilion times and i keep discovering new streets, places and people. its a city to get drowned in and just go with the flow. Glad you enjoyed your trip! :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Didn't see any pictures of the Eiffel Tower or the Arc. Your blog is splendid...good job. I went to Paris (first time) back in September 06...I really enjoyed it.

You were smart to get a guide...we were on our own. We're going to Spain in a November, so I will definately look into getting a guide.

Here is my night shot of the Arc...lots of noise, but I think it adds to the picture.ARC_ARC.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    I am still working on those... There is more to come... ;o)))
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I went to your blog and loved it!! Wonderful photos and commentary. You would have a ball at the Pere LaChaise cemetery!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    Paris: Place du Tertre
    151400874-L.jpg

is up on my blog...

http://photocatseyes.typepad.com

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    i havent seen any photo's of the best side of paris: the flip-side! :D

Les Egouts (the sewer) and Les Catacombes (wich house more than 6 million people in total as i recall) are a blast to visit and under the Notre Dame is another piece of fine underground Paris. They've excavated old roman buildings among others and you can see cellers build with blocks of old roman pillar rolleyes1.gif eh.. a stone is a stone right? rolleyes1.gif Did you by any chance visited any of these places? if not you HAVE to go back.. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    i havent seen any photo's of the best side of paris: the flip-side! :D

Les Egouts (the sewer) and Les Catacombes (wich house more than 6 million people in total as i recall) are a blast to visit and under the Notre Dame is another piece of fine underground Paris. They've excavated old roman buildings among others and you can see cellers build with blocks of old roman pillar rolleyes1.gif eh.. a stone is a stone right? rolleyes1.gif Did you by any chance visited any of these places? if not you HAVE to go back.. mwink.gif

grin, I have enough trouble with the living, so I try to stay away from the catacombes. I visited a cemetary, and that was close enough for me.
    My husband was going to go to the Catacombes while I visited Pere Lachaise, but then changed his mind.
    I want to go back any day! The sooner the better...
    Thanks for the comments
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    if not to the catacombes, at least visit les egouts, its one of the strangest things you'll see in paris. its a museum about the sewers of paris. you can walk around the old sewers AND... it has a museum about the sewer build inside the sewer on a grid with sewerwater running underneath! rolleyes1.gif so while you read about the sewer all the typical sewer odours go straight up through the grid and into your nostrils! you can imagine i havent read everything there was to read.. :D

you've build up quite the collection and i like the photo's you've made. nice colours and it gives a good feeling of paris besides the usual eiffel tower photo's
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    is up on my blog...

http://photocatseyes.typepad.com

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome
    Great photos! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    Great photos! thumb.gif

Thanks doubleyou doubleyou ;o)))
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Fantastic job Cat! Makes me want to go! Well, at least it makes me want to get out and shoot some good photos, even if I don't have access to Paris. I sent a link to your blog to my niece who was in Paris along with her sister and her mother (my sis) 2 years ago. Here is what she responded this evening:

Fun to see! I am somewhat envious of her pictures. Not because I can’t take such shots, which we know I can’t, but because she experienced sun and a yummy salad in Paris . All I got was rain and something that really did taste like grass! Yet it still makes me want to go back to Europe ….

Jenn
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2007
    Thanks Susan for sending the link on... We had a miracle week for what concerns the weather. It normally is not that sunny in Europe in April.
    There has been an exceptional long period of drought, we had a full week of sunny weather, with one thunderstorm and some quick rain.

I realise that we were lucky for the weather, right now it is back to grey and wet England, cold, well, back to normal weather in april.

A trip can be made or broken with the weather... It all looks so much better with a bit of sun!
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2007
    sorry, didnt mean to hijack your thread, i just get a little too excited talking about paris.. please forgive me? :feelgood
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2007
    sorry, didnt mean to hijack your thread, i just get a little too excited talking about paris.. please forgive me? :feelgood

Never!

grin, I have other kittens to whip then this. I did not see it as hijacking, it is a message board, so interaction is what it is all about. No biggie... Hijack along, I don't care... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif