Options

Flaming tree

BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited May 13, 2007 in Landscapes
Got this shot around the corner from home.

151582659-L.jpg
(linked to full size)

I'd really appreciate C&C on this one. I like it, but I'm afraid that I'm just too invested in it after many hours messing with it in post. I can see lots of potential flaws here (loose composition, bright light in the upper right, lots of randomness in the upper left) but I'm hoping it works anyway. Definitely let me know what you think -- pretend this is the Whipping Post if that helps. :wink

Thanks in advance,
BKR

Comments

• Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    BKR

The light is beautifulthumb.gif
    I do believe the composition is loose, leaving neither a defined subject nore a strong enough graphic form to keep my attention. I do like the backlit overlapping leaves but they are just not enough. If you have done major post work, you have done well as I really did not think about that when viewing the image.
  • Options
    BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    BKR

The light is beautifulthumb.gif
    I do believe the composition is loose, leaving neither a defined subject nore a strong enough graphic form to keep my attention. I do like the backlit overlapping leaves but they are just not enough. If you have done major post work, you have done well as I really did not think about that when viewing the image.
    Marc,
    Thanks for the comments and taking the time to look, even though you confirmed my fears.

I spent a lot of time in post on this because I want this to be a better photo than it is. So I was trying to "manufacture" a subject which wasted a lot of time. Sadly, PS does not yet have a "fix composition" filter. :cry

In the end I applied shadow/highlights, noise reduction, healing brush to remove some bright areas, curves and hue/saturation.

Thanks again,
    BKR
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    There is no way this would be considered a waist of timedeal.gif

Keep your eyes open and your filters handythumb.gif