Options

Yuriness

PovertybarnPovertybarn Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited May 13, 2007 in People
My attempt at everything good and Yuriness. Pretty new to the portrait game but I enjoy it very much. Pressured my wife into posing for a few shots for me. Let me know what you think. :D

152075031-L.jpg

152109160-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rundadarrundadar Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    wow...
    First one is nothing short of extraordinary (as in stunning!). I am not usually much into using superlatives, but I'll repeat - the first one is stunnigly good.

The second one is very nice and well done, but simply pales in comparison.

What makes the first one so outstanding is not the technical side of it (which is fine, obviously) but the expression.

Bravo! clap.gif
    http://rundadar.smugmug.com

"...turtles are great speed enthusiasts, which is natural"

J.Cortazar

• Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    Povertybarn, I
    like the results.
    At thre same time I think that cropping ~ 1/3 from the top will add to them. I seems that in the second one the focus went to the distant eye...
    Yor start is very promising!
    Very Good work!
    Yuri
  • Options
    PovertybarnPovertybarn Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    like the results.
    At thre same time I think that cropping ~ 1/3 from the top will add to them. I seems that in the second one the focus went to the distant eye...
    Yor start is very promising!
    Very Good work!
    Yuri

Rundadar,

Hey thanks for the great compliment! Very much appreciated.

Yuri,

Yuri thanks for your feeback. Means alot to me. Especially since you are the master of everything Yuriness mwink.gif. I see what you mean about the 1/3 crop. As for the picture with the right side focus. That focus is what I was intending so the focus would lead to that part of the face. Next time I can try for both eyes see what happens. :D
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    rundadar wrote:
    First one is nothing short of extraordinary (as in stunning!). I am not usually much into using superlatives, but I'll repeat - the first one is stunnigly good.

The second one is very nice and well done, but simply pales in comparison.

What makes the first one so outstanding is not the technical side of it (which is fine, obviously) but the expression.

Bravo! clap.gif

I agree entirely, and I would like to point out the first shot looks somewhat classic, the B&W tones and your wife's expression make it so. I almost envision her acting in an old french movie, or something like that!

Yuri's suggestion is sound too, it would make her face more balanced inside the frame. It's a good move, if you think this balance is desirable for your pictures.

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago