Options

Nikon D70 owners - Remote?

hsswanhsswan Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 31, 2005 in Cameras
Anybody actually have the 'ML-L3 Remote Control Transmiter' for the D70? If you do ... can you tell me the range? How far away can you be and still get it to work? I want to do some shots without trying to beat the self timer. I need more than 20 seconds and I'd just like to have control....

B&H just contacted me and it's available. I'd like to make sure I should bother.

Thanks.
Harry

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    remote
    hsswan wrote:
    Anybody actually have the 'ML-L3 Remote Control Transmiter' for the D70? If you do ... can you tell me the range? How far away can you be and still get it to work? I want to do some shots without trying to beat the self timer. I need more than 20 seconds and I'd just like to have control....

B&H just contacted me and it's available. I'd like to make sure I should bother.

Thanks.
    Harry
    there is a thread about the remotes go to search and type in remote d70 the go down to jwear and read that one .also you can set the time for the remote in the camera 1 min 2 min ect jwear deal.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    hsswan wrote:

Thanks.
    Harry
    The range on my ML-L3 is about 20 feet. There have been a few discussions on Nikonians.com about this topic. People seem to have a significant difference in range depending on the location of the remote relative to the camera. It is less than $20. I'm happy with mine.

mitch
  • Options
    swilnerswilner Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    remote range
    Depending upon the freshness of batteries I find the range on mine varies. Never measured exactly but you can get a decent distance away and still have it work as long as you are in the line of sight of the camera receptor. At $16 it is hard to go wrong! Enjoy.